1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2017 TC125 Any Common Issues?

Discussion in '2st' started by Travis616, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Honda CR125/134 build
    Hello all, just picked up a '17 TC125 and was wondering if there are any common issues with them I need to be on the lookout for? I'll start going through the bike tomorrow, going to run belray H1R at 32:1 like I have in everything else for a number of years - I remember reading that husky said to run these at 60:1? Going to get a paper manual because I dislike flipping through the online ones so that should keep me occupied until the snow melts and the ground thaws!
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have been racing a 2017 Husky TC 125 for a few years no zero problems and I mix at 50 to 1

I did gear it 13 52 that really made a difference Plus I just run a BR8EG NGK Racing plug cost like 3 dollars instead of the expensive plug Husky says to run
    steadydirt and Travis616 like this.
  3. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I noticed the strange plug - I did order a couple just to have but was wondering about running the -EG plug so that's good!
    Do you happen to know what the stock valve stack is for the rear shock? I was making up a tool to recharge these WP shocks and bumped the stack before I had a chance to go through and mark it down..
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

sorry I do not I had Ty Davis at Zip Ty Racing to my suspention and I set the sag and adjusted the air and I race it
  5. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Have it back together now, looks like someone has pulled x2 face shims off of the compression side and put them under the clamp to maintain the stack height. Hoping that was to compensate going from the stock 2.5 weight to a 5 weight oil - guess we'll see! What kind of piston/ring life are you seeing out of yours?
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I raced it 80 hours as a 125 it was still running great then I made it a 150 only has 10 hours on it now so I don't know in the past 100 hours on a racing 125 was pushing it
    Travis616 likes this.
  7. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I usually do a top end in the spring and mid season, depends on how much riding I've done. The bike has 20hrs on complete rebuild done by the dealer so I should be ok for a few more hours hopefully. Believe I read the you converted the air forks over to spring - did you not like the air setup or just had a proven spring setup? I'm excited to get out for a ride but it's been consistently cold (below freezing) in our area and my local areas are still covered in snow.. You don't know of a source for a downloadable shop manual do you?
  8. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    they commonly smoke all other 125's on the track !!!
    Travis616 likes this.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    its a 17 KTM 125SX engine. I think that about answer's the question. pin it to win it....or not it's basically bullet proof
    Travis616 likes this.
  10. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I got out for a couple of quick rides on the TC and I'm loving it so far. The forks seem stiff just riding through the pits but once on the track the seem to work well, had to reset the rear sag and mess with he clickers a little but it seems like it's dialed in for me already! This thing turns great too, that's been the hangup on anything else I have tried in the last few years so pretty happy about that. Waiting on a hand pump to show up so I can make stuff up for pushing the dents out of my pipe from chasing down the bigger 4t bikes...
  11. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    2017 TC125 Any Common Issues?

Warning: Ridiculous smiling likely to occur.
    Travis616 and dartyppyt like this.
  12. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Does anyone have tips on the rear suspension setup? It works great on everything except for acceleration bumps - they beat the heck out of me. I went up to a heavier spring to try and keep it higher in the stroke but sag numbers were off so going back to the stock spring. I have ordered shims to put my shock to the stock '18 valving - hoping that helps out.