1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC 2017 fx350 Water in oil

Discussion in '4st' started by Buchshot1, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Buchshot1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 txc310
    I got water in the crank case oil. I'm trying to figure out how it got in there. My theory is though the crank case vent. I was hoping some others might have input on this.
  2. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    Bad water pump seal?
    Leaking head gasket?

Paw Paw
  3. Buchshot1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 txc310
    I dont think so, coolant is at the proper levels.
  4. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    How much water ? Some on top of the oil on the dip stick or the oil looks like white fence paint ?
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    When a hot engine hits a cold waterhole the engine cools so fast that it will suck water up the transmission vent hose out of the water hole like a drinking straw. Either run the vent higher up under the tank or in the air box or poke a small hole in the vent hose near the engine case and it won't be able to siphon water. My Italian WR250 did it twice before I figured it out.
    shawbagga likes this.
  6. Buchshot1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 txc310
    it was a milk shake. total drained was about 2 quarts. I've haven't found that vent tube yet.
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    That's a lot more than I think could be siphoned. Mine was maybe an ounce of water which did turn it to a milkshake since it doesn't take much water when it's whipped up by the gearbox. If you inner water pump seal was leaking and you topped off the coolant a few times before you realized the oil was milky that would make more sense.
    Buchshot1 likes this.
  8. Buchshot1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 txc310
    I thought that to, but Ive never added water or coolant to the bike.
  9. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Your 350 I think should hold about a quart and half for oil change with filter. So being half quart give or take over max level is quite a bit. It doesn't take much water in oil to make a milk shake but the quantity on contaminated oil is a real concern. Unless it was over filled with oil after oil change. I'm guessing over fill and either water pump seal leaking or head gasket. Water pump seal is easier than head gasket so I'd start there. Only other thing and this is a long shot had a buddies bike do this. After he washed it he got too much water in exhaust pipe and it found its way to oil.
  10. Buchshot1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 txc310
    Well went out for a few hours today, all is good. still not sure where the water came from:confused:
    Teambowles likes this.