1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC 2017 fe450 build

Discussion in '4st' started by Surfer5567, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Surfer5567 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te300
    So I noticed there is alot of info in the fe501 thread that was extremely useful, but when it came to the 450 there wasn't much info. Also some of this info may be useful to the fe501 guys.

So I started out with a 17 fe450 that was bike stock except for the euro map. Seemed to run fine but would get hot and flame out occassionaly. So I started looking for options. The obvious was a tps adjustment but that just seemed like it was a blind bandaid really. I wanted something more finely tuned and also wanted more. The bike stock felt so so weak. My 14 te300 had more power it felt like! So I started the mods and dynoed after each modification.

First was the fmf slip on which sounded amazing and added a little bit, but still seemed to run hot. Well before I really started riding her I went and had it dynoed. For a baseline for coming mods and to see how the afrs were. Well I was VERY surprised. She was LEAN! Almost 17:1 near the upper end of the rpms. That's with a euro tune too!!! I couldn't believe it! And she is unbelievably weak. 40hp to the wheel on the stock tire and gearing. For reference a stock 16 fc450 on the same dyno same day made 63hp. To the wheel. My 14 te300 did 37 to the wheel on the same dyno. Needless to say I wasn't pumped.

So then I started my search for a tuning option. Ktm user tuner, jd tuner, power commander, or tps tuner. The only one I really wanted was the pc5 but the problem is they don't offer one for the 450. So after talking to power commander, husky, and doing my own parts fiche research, I took a gamble and bought the pc5. Man was it worth it! Bike runs SOOOO much better now. Smoother and cooler. But, i somehow lost power. 38.6hp to be exact. Kinda bummed, but atleast she won't grenade.

That's all for now. Waiting on my fc airboot then going to try an fc header maybe. See if I can tweak it to fit. After that I'm at a loss. If it's not over 45hp I'm going to be bummed.

Some questions or options I'm thinking of:

Fc piston? Will it work?

Head work. Fc valves and cams, will they work?

Is the fc throttle body and Injector the same?

Is this motor even based off the fc or sxf or is it s completely different motor??

Attached Files:

2. deserttc450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 tc 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha yz250 (2 stroke)
    Just picked up a 2017 FE450, interested to see what else you have done to yours. I ordered the FMF slip on and husky stressing stabilizer. going to get new sprockets and chain.