1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC 2017 701 Supermoto - first impressions & free tail tidy

Discussion in '4st' started by Dan Keifer, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Dan Keifer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 701 Supermoto
    The bike looks great and rides great. I had to go through the bike after delivery and found a few things out of whack (tire pressure, chain slack, coolant a bit low) but that has been my experience with every new bike I have ever bought.

- Handles great with stock tires after checking air pressure (both tires were WAY overinflated from dealer)
    - You do NOT need to buy a tail tidy for this bike. The giant ugly DOT mandated rear fender and plate holder unbolts with 6 easy to get to bolts - two on top and four on the bottom. It took 10 minutes to remove and then I just mounted the plate on the much smaller fender part that is left. I did have to drill two new holes in my plate. It looks great.
    - The bike does sound a bit like a tractor at idle as others have said about this KTM engine. Once you get the revs up it sounds fine. It is quiet compared to the DRZ400 I sold recently.
    - The kickstand is just a bit too long IMHO. If you park the bike on any surface that slopes down to the right you will notice this right away. You actually have to tilt the bike to the right when putting the stand down even on level ground.
    - This engine does not like to be lugged. It really bucks if you are in too high of a gear.
    - The white plastic parts do show road dirt and drops but that is what I get for buying a mostly white bike.
    - I bought a pair of stealth style mirrors on Amazon to replace the giant lolly pop mirrors. These worked fine and look way better than stock:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CHCPT32/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For me just changing the mirrors and removing the tail is all I will ever do to it. $14...you can't beat that with a stick.

Over all I love this bike. It gets a lot of attention (especially from kids).
    701 rear.jpg
  2. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    Hows the vision from the new mirrors, I have a 2017 701 Enduro and the mirrors are terrible.
  3. Dan Keifer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 701 Supermoto
    Decent. You do catch part of your shoulders but most riders are used to that. Definitely usable.