1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2016 te300 damaged air box, question about replacement options.

Discussion in '2st' started by John Rodgers, Sep 6, 2017.

1. John Rodgers Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    Howdy everyone, last year i took a slow speed spill on some rocks and damaged my airbox in two places resulting in poor fitment between the airbox and sub-frame, i tried plastic welding the one crack but it is a sloppy fix and i would just like to replace it as the the mounting hole to snug the airbox to the sub-frame snapped completely off and is above my abilities in terms of a DIY repair. I went to the dealer to inquire about replacing just the damaged airbox but the buddy that was there was not the usual person i deal with and having glanced at the part diagram for two seconds immediately claimed i had to replace the entire sub-frame, obviously not ideal. just curious if anyone on here can point me in the right direction as the part diagram is confusing me and the people at the dealership. I figured it might be part number 4 on the diagram but was quoted something like 55 dollars Canadian which seemed too cheap to be the entire air-box. I would obviously love to be able to get this thing sorted without having to purchase an entire new sub-frame assembly, and if that is my only option then boo hiss on husqvarna for not offering a separate part number, i mean the air box bolts on and off for Christ sake so i don't see what the problem would be buying it on its own.

Attached Files:

2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I'm not sure what it's like to call the US for you, but I"m sure both Hall's and Bill's would be able to help. I don't find the airbox anywhere in the parts diagrams :confused:
  3. John Rodgers Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    Confirmed with the part expert at the dealer and number 4 on the diagram is in fact the piece im looking for.
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    John as you now see these assemblies are built up with replaceable components. My 2014 TE300 had quite a bit of seam opening tweak age, so when it was up at ZipTy Racing they pulled the sub frame assembly apart and simply reassembled it with some RTV sealant in the seams. All the split seam openings came back together, it was just tweaked from riding and needed to be freed up and reassembled. In this case with broken section, you just remove the entire assembly and remove the component and replace it with new piece, I recommend reassembly with a high quality RTV sealant to improve the seam sealing.