1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2016 Tc250 Help

Discussion in '2st' started by rock, Feb 3, 2019.

1. rock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 Husqvarna TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Ducati Multistrada S Touring
    Forum brothers and sisters. I have a new to me tc250! I absolutely love it so far, one ride. I do know that I will be doing some gp’s on this bike as well as trail riding. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on fuel tanks. I have to think that I could swap out for another model (te) and gain some capacity? I’m looking for a direct pen swap if it’s out there. Please chime in with year and model if you wouldn’t mind or tell me that I need to look at aftermarket if that’s the case.

Many thanks in advance.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    2014-2016 TE tanks work. Check IMS too.
  3. rock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 Husqvarna TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    sweet! thank you for the info LOM, big help.
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

At least when I've bought the te fuel tanks (had a 15 tc 250) they also came with the fuel petcock which in the case of the te fuel tank has reserve..ive done the ims as well. Ims tank has a more conventional fuel cap that just unscrews like normal while the te tanks (c ant remember if 15 does) newer ones do for sure ) have a button you have to push sort of to remove the cap and can be a pain sometimes ...ims probably will be slightly bigger and not quite fit as nicely as the te tank..both good units priced about the same..
  5. rock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 Husqvarna TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fletchman,
    thanks, i'm looking to try and match the oem look so i'm leaning towards looking for a TE tank from the info from you and LOM. I just didn't want to spend too much time looking for a oem tank on ebay or what have you and find out it doesn't fit my TC. Many thanks to both of you, i'm pretty excited to fire up the TC in this years GP series. ride safe you two!
    LandofMotards likes this.
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No problem. Going the other way I did discover the IMS tank 3.3 gallon will not fit a 2018 te 150 without buying a tc 125 radiator hose kit. The thermostat hits the tank...however any bike I ever bought with a thermostat I deleted anyways..just another fail point..
  7. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    I have an IMS 3.1 on my 15 TC250 (same bike) and love it. I bought it specifically because the stock TC/TE tanks have a short "fill neck" which prohibits the use of quick-dump fuel cans.

For what it's worth, I can do a solid 50 miles of coastal single track on my stock tank, and have half a quart left.
  8. rock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 Husqvarna TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey there Jon, thanks for the info and the stock tank mileage you're getting, that helps. I’m Super pumped and loving the TC so far!!! Coastal single track, I’d probably slow you down but would love to join you for a rip! I’d love to see what you have done/ haven’t done to your TC for tech single track. Take care and Ride safe
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There is a compamy called GMR giddings machine racing 740-315-1032 who can take your stock oem tank and put a dry break on it
    They have been doing my stock tanks for over 10 years from my Italian husky to my 2016 Husky TE 300

They really do a good job looks factory I will try to post a picture of my TE 300 tank
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

11. rock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 Husqvarna TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    thanks Ajax! that looks great and gives me some options. much appreciated
  12. Swopie Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 tc250
    I bought a Te tank off of Rocky Mountain ATV for under 200 if I remember right.