2016 FIM Motocross World Championship

Discussion in 'Racing' started by manu, Feb 16, 2016.

1. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510 - SMS 125 - TE 250 - TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    The 2016 FIM Motocross World Championship is about to begin. Here is the schedule:

http://www.mxgp.com/news/official-2016-fim-motocross-world-championship-calendar-0

Last year saw the end of Cairoli's reign. Is it the beginning of Romain Febvre's era ? The French kid won the title last year and said he was not riding at 100% of his possibilities. Well, that sounds promising for the 2016 season. Can't wait for the qatari round !!
    Norman Foley and TemecuCoastie like this.
  2. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Watched Febvre get better and better over the last few years. He certainly broke out last season.

Took the family to the final round of the GP at our home track last Summer. The only rider who was able to battle with Febvre was Cooper Webb - nobody else came close.
    BILLF likes this.
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
  4. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Colo moto and BILLF like this.
  5. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    What about Nagl? He had the points lead until he got hurt. Fabvre couldn't catch him.
  6. rwgregory Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1985 500XC, 1987 510TX, 1990 510WMX
    Other Motorcycles:
    1979 Honda CR250,'88 CR500,'92 XR600
    Whoo-Hoo!! 2 rounds in the US of A this September, one in North Carolina and one in SoCal!! Plan to try to attend one of these and show some National Pride. I will be at the Glen Helen round this year and only hope to be among the LARGE crowd of race fans in attendance...
    NCSteve and TemecuCoastie like this.
  7. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    Well, again, just like in the US championships, it is all about being fast and being safe the whole season. Febvre, unlike vilopoto, nagl, cairoli, desalle,...- I guess I should almost list them all - rode very cleverly. His season really looked like dungey's MX season last year. I am a little disappointed there was no battle between these two because the kid is amazing, either on a supermoto, on mx tracks, but he is also starting sx ( though he never raced a sx track before, he did great at paris bercy on a very demanding and tricky circuit )

We meet him every year in Mettet in Belgium, and I am happy I got this picture of him with my son when he was riding with HVA

[IMG]
  8. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    We'll be at the local tilt again this year.
    rwgregory likes this.
  9. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Can't believe the GP is coming to Charlotte! I'll be there :cheers:
    rwgregory likes this.
  10. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    I must say that I have not attended a world mx race for a while, since I like supermoto and supercross indoor races better now. The last world mx race I went to was in Belgium 30 years ago. I rode there with my buddy on my 80cc honda MTX and what a day ! Not only for the show. I mean the price ticket was really expensive and I did not know the mate was completely broke, so I had to pay for his ticket... I realized then I had no more money , and no more petrol to ride back home. Of course in those days, I was 16, no cell phone, and no credit card. Luckily,a local shop owner's son was racing there, so I begged $10 to his wife and left her my ID card . I filled the tank, bought belgian chips, and we rode back home.

Long story short, I wanted to go with my son last year to the Mx des nations. I had a look on their website to book the tickets and again, wow : $ 120 . We decided to save the cash ( $500 for the two of us considering road taxes, petrol, and a night at the hotel ) and watch it on tv. Same for Bercy: I have no problem with money, but it is kinda the same price but it is not worth it : a lot of commercials on the big screen, many races with local riders, W peik and the stewarts were the only "usa stars", freestyle same show every year,.... Well, if you are a mx lover, it is a steal.

On your side of the pond, you guys have events that are just stunning , amazing tracks, a lot of races, all the big names, and so on.... it is a blessing !
  11. rwgregory Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1985 500XC, 1987 510TX, 1990 510WMX
    Other Motorcycles:
    1979 Honda CR250,'88 CR500,'92 XR600
    Wow, things sure have changed over the years! I attended the Mx des Nations in Schwanenstadt, Austria in 1993 and it was very affordable. Saturday practice was free, just walk right in. Sunday I bought my ticket at the gate and although I paid for it in Austrian Shillings it converted to about $25.00 in US dollars. Spent 2 nights in a bed and breakfast in a nearby village for about $20.00 per night...
  12. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    yes sir, and the main reason is the euro currency , the best way to steal the money from our pockets in no time without notice...

For example, 1 liter of diesel in 1993 here was € 0.30 . It is now € 1.20 . The same for almost every product... while wages have stayed the same.

Sorry for the off topic, just to keep us busy before the season begins :)
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  13. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    johnnyboy likes this.
  14. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    looks like gisser killed them.....
  15. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    DVR'd it last night.
  16. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    yep, that was a surprise . Plus those hondas look fast ( except paulin's ). Well, another promising season to come ! i can't wait for Thailand round next week end
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  17. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Gasjer looked right at home on the Gariboldi HRC 450.

I too am pumped, by the way. Love the GP and can't wait for September and the GP coming to Glenn Helen Raceway! We went last year. Was some of the best racing ever.
  18. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    Another great race! The sandy track in Holland and the storm katie you guys had a few days back on the East coast ! Well, again, that one was for the brave.
  19. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    manu likes this.
  20. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Awful conditions. Cold, wet, windy and super muddy. The GP guys are resilient.
    manu likes this.