1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC 2016 Fe350s With Idle Issues At High Altitude

Discussion in '4st' started by Jonny360, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Jonny360 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    xt225
    2016 fe350s. Mostly stock. I had the euro map installed at munn racing otherwise only mods are protection parts. Recently I got a "BestDualSportBikes" endcap for $50 off a local guy and put that on. At the "advice" of some online board members I tried adjusting the TPS from .68 to .63 and then back to stock at .582. Regadless of TPS I was having the same two issues. At high altitude the idle would get very low, to the point that it would sometimes die as soon as it dropped to idle. I raised the idle in this situation and when I came back down to my home altitude the idle was 3000rpm according to my aftermarket tach. It had been 2000rpm when I set out but wasn't high enough to keep the bike going at altitude. The other issue is that on throttle off downhills the exhaust pops an crackles like crazy. It sounds like fireworks going off. Is it possible this is all due to the endcap? I do not recall having this idle issue before adding the endcap and playing with the TPS. My rides take me from 4,000ft home altitude to over 12,000ft to give you an idea of the range.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    reset ...remove OEM ECU and install Vortex ECU. Leave it set as delivered by Vortex unless you want to tinker.....plug and play unit. Pay up front and never chase your tail again.
    Bora20 likes this.
  3. Jonny360 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    xt225

I'm going to try going back to the old endcap first. Those vortex ecu's aren't cheap and I dont feel like I really need anymore power, I just want it to run well, which it was before the endcap change.
  4. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 FE250 w/OC, 2016 XTrainer w/KYB
    Start bike and not touch the throttle for 10 minutes or until the motor is at operating temp Shut off, gear up and ride.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    vortex is about proper mixture ratios. or if you like.....more proper running engine power.