1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC 2016 fc450 ecu flash

Discussion in '4st' started by racert17, Jan 5, 2017.

1. racert17 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FC450
    Looking for a little info, I have a 16 fc450, I have a fmf 4.1 slip on and opened up the airbox so it can breath a little better, my dealer did a ecu flash for the exhaust and airbox but since this was done I find the bike stalling coming into corners etc, has anyone heard of doing this flash?
    Any advice, is this even needed?
  2. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Have 15 fc 450 fmf titanium full exhaust never touched air box. No reflash and runs like a raped ape. Get rid of ecu reflash and I bet problems go away... image.jpeg
    JonXX and racert17 like this.
  3. ztrab Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 501 FE
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, BMW, Suzuki
    By re-fash, i assume you mean install a new map on you ECU, most of the chatter here is about the EU map vs the USA map the bike shpped with. As far as i can tell the EU map fuel mixture to air ratio is richer, but I haven't had a tuner demonstrate with any confidence what the difference between maps is and how it is will affect my bike's engine performnace ie, dyno results I am sure it exists, Ijust haven't seen it. I've had my track bikes dyno tuned and used Power Commander and the like, but as far as I can tell, the "EU" map are preset values that overwrite the USA preset values for the Husky that requires the KTM/Husky factory equip- thinking out load, maybe my race bike tuner can tweek it I cut the tip baffle off, turned my already too high idle down and the is no longer a bog from idle. Now I'm thinking it doesn't a richer fuel mixture but hot summer day could change that. Biggest rub us not having an experienced Husky tuner in town with the mfg equip.
    racert17 likes this.
  4. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    You're talking about your FE, he's talking about his FC. Very different animals...The FC's go like hell outta the box.
  5. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I had the Akro map put in my 2016 FS450 and 2017 FX450 by a friend at the KTM/Husky dealer who really knows his stuff. DVR dual exhaust and open air box, no issues both bikes run great. I think there are a couple maps available to the dealer.
  6. ztrab Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 501 FE
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, BMW, Suzuki
    I opened up the tail pipe and the bike came to life on the bottom. How many riders have left their 501 FE on the stock map with a modified or after market can? I'm going to pull the plug and put an Iridium in before I head to Baja next month, I'll see if I can determine if it is in a lean condition. Right now the temps are in the 60/70 - yeah riding 2-3 times a week :-) - I'm going to wait for summer temps to see how its doing. Has anyone just removed the thermostat to increase flow? I haven't looked at the housing to even know if that is possible. Enjoying the bike but still riding my RFS 525 too.
  7. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    I run the FMF system with the Euro map and 3 way map switch. My 15 FE 501 came with an iridium plug stock, last letters of the NGK Iridium Plug # are EIX. You can do a radiator thermostat bypass hose kit. I did mine with all other mods when it was nearly new.

sam_15_rad_hos_kit_the_byp-blu-1534860007.jpg
  8. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM300SXF KX250 KX100 Honda EZ90CUB
    I originally went with a Tokyo Mods ECU reflash and was very happy. I just sent it away again to ProvenMoto in Utah since they do so much work at over 4K ASL and I think it will help when I ride over 12k ASL. ProvenMoto being at high altitude makes them a winner for me or I hope so :)
    My local KTM shop does ECU reflashes but a very generic way not custom like the 2 shops mentioned.
    Just my 2 cents
    ztrab likes this.
  9. ztrab Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 501 FE
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, BMW, Suzuki
    I pulled the plug and it was on the dark side, not a tan you might expect from a lean condition (and yeah, it ships with the Iridium plug). I'm still running the stock KTM hoses on my 2006 525's with no evidence of cracking, etc. and the late summer riding I did get in on the 501, I didn't lose any fluid from boiling over, so I'm in no hurry to replace all the hoses just to do the bypass. But I was curious if one can simply remove the thermostat unit to increase the flow and put it back together without a hose swap - I remember doing that to some of my older dirt bikes.

I had my 690 re-mapped and used the handlebar switch, but I eventually sold the switch, I don't think it worked right and I usually left it the most aggressive map anyway. Thought the 690 motor was pretty impressive given the service intervals but I never liked the rear biased weight or trellis frame. That said, it hauled me around a lot of gnarly trails for 14K or so. Taking the 501 to Baja this year, the lightest set of wheels in at least a decade after I sold my 650 XR and started riding my 430 lb HP 2. Looking forward to the ease of a 500 on the single track sections . Pack a bag, leaving in a few weeks :-), you'll be the kid on the trip. ha.