1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2015 TE300 Clutch Rattle

Discussion in '2st' started by space, Jul 5, 2016.

1. space Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300
    Hi all I am new to 2 strokes and my 2015 TE300 seems to have a clutch rattle but it goes away if I pull in the clutch is this normal?

It used to do the same thing on my KTM exc 450
  2. GARY NEETHLING Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ 250

Both my 300s have done this from new , so I assume its normal.
    I have been able to lessen this noise by using a more viscous gear oil such as a 10w60
    Gary
  3. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 300 engine is very noisy with respect to clutch chatter and gear backlash. Totally normal!
  4. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Nice to know that the 2 strokes do this too. My '15 FE 501 has done the same thing since new as well. It stops as soon as the clutch lever is pulled.
    No real wear or rocking on the clutches bearings either.
    I installed a new set of drive cushions before final torqueing of the 2 piece center hub to spec when installing the Rekluse 3.0 Core EXP Clutch. Which lessoned this noise a little but it is still a bit noisy.
    I have ran Mobil 1 0W 40 since first oil change and have gone through 2 bottles of Maxilube during the first several oil changes.
    I have asked about this noise a few times to some of the experts and I have been told that its normal. However I have also been told that some of the bikes do it and some of them don't do it as bad. That's what has always worried me?
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    go easy on the normal to rattle stuff, probably depending on hours you should consider to change your clutch dampers, when i did my rekluse mine were sloppy and hardened on my 14 TE300. Its a simple job and inexpensive. Heat in the clutch is big enemy of those "rubber" dampers and of course all the hard forces that act upon them as well. If your clutch is rattley (or however you spell that) I would change those dampers.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  6. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    That's what I did Robert.

I referred to them as drive cushions in my post above. One of mine cracked at the divider into 2 pieces when I took them out. They only cost about $18.00 if I remember. I bought an extra set just to have them for the next service.
    robertaccio likes this.