1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

2015 TE 125

Discussion in '2st' started by Joey Johannesen, May 3, 2018.

1. Joey Johannesen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    75 CR360, 76 WR360, 78 WR390
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT250
    Has anyone installed a Lectron carb and after market reeds ( V Force or Boysen) for better performance ? If so or if not I would like anyones input.

Thank you
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    100% my opinion.....which is probably as good as anyone else's.....for best performance be sure the bike is fresh (top end) and clean (PV not all gunked/carboned up), it's a 3 year old 2 stroke 125.
    Run OEM recommended synth oil mixture, use OEM chart for jetting with stock carb (or if JD has a kit go with it), in other words proper tuning and that takes time and effort.Good fresh Twinair (or other) top tier airfilter as they age the cells links collapse and cut air flow.
    Sure go ahead and install V-Force 4 reed cage set, these are a great upgrade.
    If you want a real smooth carburation add the thunder products torque wing or similar product (Boyesen has a type of flow wing as well), add a FMF gnarly pipe and use a non spark arrestor muffler (OEM or FMF powercore). Also remember it's a 125 not a 300 or even a 250.
    personally if you have the adjustable spring load PV I would leave it OEM stock (that goes against so many opinions), but maybe change the sprng per the book--but I like stock setting best for best overall performance..
    FACT # 1- The stock Keihin has powered these bikes to more race winning and championships than any other design or brand. use/choose what you want.

Opinions based upon real world amateur level A/expert riding and competition.
  3. Joey Johannesen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT250
    Thanks so much for your very informative reply, I am the second owner and its bone stock and has 24 hours on it. The issue I'm tying to correct is that it'll run for approx 10 minutes then stop running like it fouled a plug (plug looks normal) then it's impossible to start. The PO had the same issue and he got tired of messing with it so I picked it up at a bargain price. Also, the PO had the local shop clean the carb and clean/check reeds and found no issues. So I was thinking it may be OEM carb issues/reed issues. I took it out today and it ran great for 9.3 miles and when I pulled back to the truck it idled for a second then died and I could not start it even with a new plug. Sorry to be long winded.
  4. Joey Johannesen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT250
    I have a 2016 FE 250 and absolutely love it but I just have to have a 2T ! Mainly ride woods/trails and not looking to trick it out and get it to go like a 200 -300, when it ran man it was a ton of fun and fast enough for me.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  6. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    So it only dies after idling for a short time? Or dies while riding too?
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

next time it dies check the spark kick it over with the spark plug just laying on top of the head and look for spark no spark then you know where to start