1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC 2015 FC450 Cough and die

Discussion in '4st' started by geedavid, Oct 3, 2017.

1. geedavid Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC 450
    Having an issue with my 2015 Husqvarna FC450. When I do a quick blip of the throttle while at idle it will often cough and die. After this is will not start without use of the high idle. I have checked and cleaned the injector and it seems to be in good, clean condition. Could it be low pressure from the fuel pump? This is my first 4 stroke and my first EFI bike so my knowledge is quite limited. I appreciate any knowledge based input.
  2. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Check the inline fuel filter, the quick release one you should have a spare cone shaped one in your owners manual if you haven't already. Also check for chaffing on the wires directly under the seat front of the battery the seat sits pretty much right on top of them. Depending on hours check spark plug also. Yes could be a fuel pump issue but I have not heard of any of the new huskys having pump related issues.
  3. geedavid Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC 450
    Thank you for the suggestion. I have checked everything in the fuel system outside of the tank. It was suggested that my idle may be too slow. So I tried raising the idle to the point just under where my Rekluse starts to apply and although it didn't die with the quick blip it did hesitate.
    Teambowles likes this.