2014 TE310R Low RPM Boggy When Warm

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by jxs2151, Jan 19, 2016.

1. jxs2151 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, VFR800
    I have a 2014 (Mfr. date is 6/2013 but title says 2014) TE310R that I got second-hand. It has power-up kit installed from what I can tell - velocity stack opened, txc intake cage installed, cat removed. I have no idea what mapping has been done on this bike.

When first started or relatively cold, the bike screams from the bottom end to the top. Blipping the throttle breaks the rear loose in dirt and all is good with the world. When it warms up beyond just riding normally as in tight single-track or hard riding, the bike turns into a turd. Low end power is non-existent and boggy. Getting it into the power band helps but something is clearly not right.

I have changed the temp sensor with no effect, cleaned the air filter well and checked the plug.

I'd love to hear some ideas, I am considering sending the ECU out to get a mapping done but would really like to know what is going on.
  2. TXC310 Chad Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki GPz550, GasGas ec250
    Mine is a lot like that too... On mine the idle goes away with random stalling when hot being the biggest change, but the low end power does suffer. I have read about fuel pumps being a problem when these bikes get hot, and I am also going to pull the injector and try to do a spray to see if it makes a nice clean pattern or is clogged. I'm sorry I don't have any answers right now, but hopefully we can both figure this out, or you have figured yours out and can lend some insight into what is going on with mine since your issue was over a year ago it looks like.
  3. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    My 2010 450 did that and I never been able to eliminate it despite knowing a bit about fuel injection and electronics.
    The things I did which sometimes improved it but never eliminated it.
    Change the fuel pump. It crapped out so I had to anyway, but it didn't made a difference.
    Changed the temp sensor. No difference.
    Checked valves and decompressor (was modified upon delivery to warranty update by the dealer too).
    Tried colder spark plug. Same...
    Changed the injector to a 12 hole kawasaki one and fitted a power commander. Used an auto tune to find funny spots in the map and also dyno. Ran better in general but never fixed the stalling.
    Changed the earth on the power commander, peace of mind but didn't fixed the issue.
    Made a different fuel line, hose setup in the tank to take the kink out of the hose and replaced the filter and pump again. Same difference...
    Took the electrics of the bike and inspected for bad negatives on coil, dodgy wiring and so on. (had to anyway to fix broken wire in the harness near the headstock). No difference...
    Took the throttle body apart and inspected all settings, seals, etc. (the inlet manifold rubber was previously replaced under warranty). No difference...
    Reset the injection parameter and reloaded the map at the dealers. Didn't fix anything.
    I rode this bike a lot on the road and on a hot day it would stall after sitting on the lights and trying to take off, dangerous as! On the road I could ride around the issue by blipping the throttle and avoid the problem zone.
    Off road it was terrible as it would always stall just when needed.

Hopefully you get yours sorted and if it's any help I think the issue might be a setting in the ECU. Unfortunately I never been able to get in to it to sort it out.
    I f I've kept the bike I would have tried an aftermarket ECU or so to see if that fixed the problem.
    The guy who purchased it off me his friend had exactly the same bike and it was smooth as, no issues at all.