1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2013 WR300 just stopped.... sounds like no spark NEW BIKE

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Neesmo31, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Did have - XC125, KDX200, XR250
    Hey all, took my almost brand new WR300 out for a quick lash today, no probles with starting etc, fresh fuel. Coming down a dirt track, and it just dies like there was no spark at all, didnt cough or sputter, just like I was fanging it and someone hit the kill switch. It rolled to a stop and I even had time to hit the reserve tap just incase the tap had a blockage. (tank still had about 7 litres).

I didnt even try to kick it over and over again as my knee just wont handle it. But seemed electrical. Was on my own, no tools or help, had to push it back to a main road.

Bike has 190kms on the clock ONLY, pretty much brand new. What "typical" electrical issues can result in such a shutdown? I havnt even began to start diagnosing, as I was a little hot and bothered. But someone might have insight to a common problem?

Compression is still very much there so I know its not piston/rotating assembly related.

Thank you all in advance.
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    cdi? another member had top end rebuild and turns out it was his replacment cdi was knackered, maybe a bunch of faulty 2013ones left the factory..
    failing that pull the plug and see if the gaps correct or any loose wires, its a guessing game im afraid.
    good luck
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Check cdi connection
  4. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    I cooked a plug last wkend.. check it first. remove plug, put on lead and see if it sparks..
    I was 3/4 throttle on a fire trail.. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaar.swaped plug( always carry spare) andfired first kick.. good luck hope its an easy fix
  5. bhab Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300, TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 2.9, KTM 200 XC-W
    It may well be the CDI. Mine went out while I was plodding along one day looking for a lost camera. I though I had fouled a plug, but after swapping it out, it still wouldn't start. Tested the stator and called up the dealer (Bobby at Husky of Atlanta is great to work with). He sent one out to me to try out and it fired right up.

Mine was a 2011, but they should be the same part. Ducati electronics . . .
  6. 080 Guest

Those scenerio's suck especially with a new bike. Start with the simple 1st, check the plug for spark. If nothing, replace it with a new one and re-check. This will at least show what direction the problem is coming from.
  7. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    Check the kill switch. There is somewhere on the site here where the kill switches cause the WR's not to run. Try disconnecting it and see if it fires
    R_Little likes this.
  8. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks guys, will begin the diagnosis today. Jaxsplat put it perfectly. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr...... (nothing lol)
  9. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Street Triple R, KTM 400 EXC
    Hi Neesmo, as David mentioned, there is another thread on the same issue. I started it and it sounds like you might have the same issue.
    Had the exact same thing. The bike died as I was riding without warning or sound.
    HuskyUK guy told me he rarely gets any bikes with eleccy problems. Same components have been on the bikes for years. After checking the reeds, the piston, and the spark plug cap, he suggested I disconnect both the left hand module and the right hand kill switch. Started up after a few hard pumps and no worries since. Sometimes water can get in and short the switch and you might get a weak spark that fails under compression. That is what happened in my case anyway.

You can also change the spark plug. I did just yesterday as the one I had was gunked up with oil. I think the oil mix was too rich. Hope you get it going again soon. It is a wicked bike!!
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    kill switch my $ on
  11. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Took it in as its under warrantee (why bust my ass?) and it turned out to be a voltage regulator? sandwiched in and around the radiator and under the tank. New one coming today, fixed today, ride tommorow. They have also commented that it may be easier to start now.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Good to hear it started and you are back riding ... Bad to hear a part made since the beginning of ELEC circuits went bad ....
  13. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah very odd, especially when the bike has only about 2 tanks through it, engines not even run in yet!

Havnt ridden it just yet, but hopefully goes all good touch wood.
  14. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I had my regulator / rectifier go bad on me too recently Only difference between you and I are about 240 hrs on mine... :D

However, my bike still ran great, it just wouldn't power grip heaters or headlight anymore.
  15. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, they got the part in, tried it, still no go. Very dissapointed. Back to the drawing board for them....
  16. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    Tell them to look at the kill switch...
  17. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have several times. Apparently there is NO way its the kill switch. We will see. Apparently when they pull the loom which has the kill switch, headlight, blinkers and dash out the bike works.... Im half tempted to get the bike back and do it myself...
  18. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Apparently after more testing they beleive that it is the actual speedo/dash unit... They did order in a new kill switch, installed and then retested that a few times. So fingers crossed....
  19. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I am 90% sure that the speedo has no features built into it which have the ability to keep the bike from starting. I will check the wiring diagram when I get home to verify this, I do not have a wiring diagram for the newer bikes at work.

I could see, MAYBE, that is the dash had a huge short in it, that MIGHT cause an issue; but, if that was the case, it would certainly not work, and would probably be melted.

It's hard to say as an outsider looking in, but it doesn't seem like they are following a reasonable diagnostics procedure on this one.
    R_Little likes this.
  20. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

hey guys my bikes still for sale! it has a brand new cdi box that comes with it already installed !!