1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TXC310R FYI troubleshooting evolution

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by robertaccio, Jun 11, 2014.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Getting ready to sell, bike felt a little strange but nothing specific. Bike was getting hot easily but ran at open throttle positions. New buyer test rode the machine and bike kept on stalling, I adjusted the idle setting to oem 34 then out to 36, she still was running strange and stalling.
    In troubleshooting I found a bad fan thermo switch, thought maybe new buyer was not getting enough air through the rads so the bike was overheating with no associated fan op to help cool it down. I replaced the fan switch and modification wired in a parallel switch to maually operate the fan as well.
    Bike screwed up again on the next test ride.
    Brought bike ZipTy Racing for FI trouble shooting, replaced injector, remapped to oem setting, with installed OEM (LeoVince) pipe with dB-S/A insert.
    Conclusion the injector can have one or more ports clogged and the bike will still run, but lean of course (lean=heat). Bike sounds great now and is being tested this morn by one of our crew. Confident all will be back in order. New buyer is stoked with the bike(its completely race/bullet proof modded and dialed in end to end).
    Me I loved/hated/loved/loved (much more love than hate) this bike, but glad to be back on a simple carburated Wht Husky TE300 2 stroke.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    test facility report on my injector, flow was reduced from normal, but the big issue was the spray pattern was bad, not well atomized with one or more streams not projected well onto the test sheet. I'm happy that a real data bad result was determined.
    Bike was tested at ZipTy with new injector and retested with one of my crew and I rode it up and down the street, very smooth no popping. Good to Go!!
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Buddy with a KTM350 had the same issue. Ran Ok but not right. His was able to be cleaned and reinstalled.
    robertaccio likes this.