1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TXC 310 help please.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Narcoholic, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Narcoholic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 310TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM Honda Yamaha
    So I went riding today, and half way through my ride my bike just shut off like some one turned the fuel off. It is definitely a fuel issue. I got it to barely idle a couple times and it would back fire if I hit the gas. Has anyone had something clog there fuel in the tank or in the line ? Or could this possibly just be the fuel pump. I hope its not the pump I noticed they were $500. Any help would be appreciated if there s a known issue with fuel being cut off. Thank You in advance.
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  3. Narcoholic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 310TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM Honda Yamaha
    OMG Thank you I was looking at the price of fuel pumps and thinking I can't believe they are so expensive. I noticed looking through Craigslist and facebook market place for sale adds that a lot of Husky's owners post in their add new fuel pump so i was assuming they were an issue. If the pump is bad does it take out the fuel injector down stream as well ? Can you put 12 volts to the pump to check and see if that is the problem and not the injector ? When I pulled the tank a couple weeks ago to fix the electric fan solenoid I noticed an oetiker hose clamp in the tank rolling around it had never been clamped and I was wondering if maybe the hose had come off the pump.

4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Mine was stumbling on acceleration and seemed lean…lots of popping. Adding fuel via iBeat didn’t cure anything. Took it to George Erl where I bought it and he removed the pump assembly and put a new fuel filter on it. Runs fine now

ETA I should probably have a spare pump and filter around….
  5. Narcoholic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 310TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM Honda Yamaha
    Ok , So I pulled the tank off and then tested the pump with 12 volts and it sounds fine. I tried to blow through the filter and sure as heck it's hard to blow through. I agree for the price of the pump probably should have one on the shelf. Now I'm just going to try and get the right filter it's not on any parts blow up I have seen. Thank you for the help it is much appreciated.

I went ahead and ordered this filter from Summit it looks perfect
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-731155erl

6. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    George just hooked up an after market filter (small) and safety wired it to the connections

Similar connectors to those but clear see-through and rounder…those should work
  7. Narcoholic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 310TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM Honda Yamaha
    Little finagling with barb fitting to go from 1/4 to 5/16 and new in tank fuel hose but i got it up and running , so the filter was the culprit. THANK YOU
    Johnrg likes this.
  8. Narcoholic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 310TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM Honda Yamaha
    Update. I got one ride of about 5 hours in and then next time out got 10 mins and it left me stranded again in the woods. NOT happy. I'm seriously considering selling this bike. I can't stand to be left in the woods broke down. I have no idea if its the pump but i ordered one just in case. What a pain.
  9. Narcoholic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 310TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM Honda Yamaha

SOOOO I had to apologize to my bike. I pulled the tank apart installed the new pump and checked the other end with power from a battery and got nothing. Pulled that side off and found a loose ground. Ok so I left the new pump installed and kept the old one for back up but she runs again. Sorry precious I didn't mean to curse you to hell and further while walking you out of the woods. Yeah i did, but it was my fault. I guess i wont sell you.
  10. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Good precious.
  11. Narcoholic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 310TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM Honda Yamaha
    LOL Exactly
  12. Narcoholic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 310TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM Honda Yamaha
    AGAIN !! So I fixed the loose wire installed the new pump and 11 miles into the ride it again just stopped. Same problem no fuel. I had to get towed out of the forest in sugar sand . I went back to camp pulled the tank and all wires were hooked up. Jumped the pump and it comes on fine. When starter is depressed I don't hear the pump coming on. Do these bikes have a pump relay ? I'm soooooo ticked. 4 hours of driving and an hour ride ugh
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    You should hear the pump priming/pressurizing.
  14. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  15. Narcoholic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 310TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM Honda Yamaha
    I pulled the tank apart again just half hour ago. Checked with ohm meter from pigtail to tank and it was only getting 10.7 volts . not sure why its not getting 12 volts. Wondering if I'm having issues with the voltage regulator. I checked all connections again nothing seemed to be an issue and plugged the pump in while it was in my hand and it came on fine. But I know it was not coming on yesterday as I put my ear to the tank with open filler cap and heard nothing. I would think if the voltage regulator was going bad that I would have spark issues not just fuel pump issues. No fuses out.
  16. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I remember George (Erl) saying the ground on the regulator was not adequate. Not sure how he fixed it.
  17. Narcoholic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 310TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM Honda Yamaha
    Well that is something I will definitely look at Thank you, could be loose or something. I feel like its not the pump or in tank wiring and something else.