1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE511 cyclinder

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by bradlewis20, Aug 26, 2015.

1. bradlewis20 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR1000RR & HP4
    Hi guys!
    Anyone had there cylinder eletroplo????
    Just had mine done as the top end went!
    Went to pick the cyclinder up today and they damaged a little valve inside th cyclinder castings Flogs
    Anyone know what this does is it required?
    Cheers brad
  2. Shovelhead85 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400R, '75 DT400B, FLH Shovel, CT90
    hi Brad- welcome to CafeHusky.

Do you have an image or two you could post of what you're talking about? I'm a little confused. thanks.
  3. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Did you take just the barrel in, or the barrel on the cases?
    If just the barrel, the only 'valve' would be the cam chain tensioner. These are available as a separate part.
    If what you are talking about is deeper in the cases it is more likely to be one of the oil jets that squirt the bottom of the piston. The jets are for lubing and cooling the wrist pin and piston.
    These are part of the case, not available separate but might be able to be made by a machine shop. $$$$
  4. bradlewis20 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR1000RR & HP4
    Hi guys thanks for replying...
    I don't have a photo of my cyclinder.. I left it at the electroplater until I make up my mind what to do next.
    This is a photo sample of what I have them.
    Cheers

Attached Files:

5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    It's a one way valve for oil. Some of the cylinders came with them, some did not.
  6. Shovelhead85 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400R, '75 DT400B, FLH Shovel, CT90
    Huhnnn. some kinda anti-drainback thingy so the upper-end/valve train has less of a dry start period? a check-ball I'm guessing.

Shouldn't a splatter deposition be in the cylinder only- or is this process in a dip like chroming?

Sounds like Brad may have lost a few 10,000ths in the oil channel (the valve could be replaced or even removed??)... maybe acid etch a little to help with oil flow but if there is a one-way valve I betcha there is plenty of flow capacity left.

I didn't see anything in the parts page.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Yes, one way valve. I'm not sure if you can purchase one or not. I would see if you can get one.
  8. Franko Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 (2011)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CT110

Hi Brad,
    Were you able to replace this valve or find an equivalent?
    Or did you run without it?
    Thanks
    Franko

Attached Files:

9. Franko Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 (2011)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CT110
    Further information for the curious.
    The check valve is used to prevent oil draining from the cam shafts and chain tensioner when the engine is not running (see attached oil circuit diagram) BMW use this a lot in their petrol car engines. Valve is a swagged metal construction, containing a ball valve, light spring and an internal plastic cage. Diameter is 9.95mm x length 12.5mm and 5mm orifice. They are installed as an interference fit.
    I looked everywhere for a part number with no luck, and local Husky dealers had not had to replace one. If you remove it, you will damage it, or in the case of Brad above, the Electrosil cleaning process would have damaged the plastic retaining cage.

There is similar BMW valve readily available (part number 11111734667), however the diameter is 10.95mm x length 13.1mm and 5mm orifice. YOU WILL NEED TO REWORK THE CYLINDER VALVE COUNTER BORE TO FIT THE INCREASED DIAMETER AND LENGTH.

Thanks
    Franko

Attached Files:

domrvt likes this.