1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE310R Squirrelly in the sand

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Jim S, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Jim S Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FJR 1300
    I have a 2013 TE310R. I normally ride hard pack fire roads and trails in SoCal but this weekend I went out desert with lots of very deep sand washes. I found the TE310R very hard to control and always wanting to dive down with even the smallest turn of the bars so I ended up riding by leaning only to turn the bike on the sand. I'm aware of keeping the weight way back for sand riding. I don't recall this difficulty riding other bikes in years past. I have the triple clamp at the very top of the forks. I use a Motoz tractionator 140/80/18 rear and a Battlecross 40F 90/100/21 front. Inflation was 14/14 and then I tried 16/16 which seemed to work better (less sidewall flex?) The rear shock is about halfway. Any ideas to to improve the sand handling? Different tires? Lower the shock more? Or is this just a characteristic of an Enduro type bike?
  2. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gasgas ec250 -18, Yamaha WR250F
    Sand is sand, dirt is dirt and the suspension cant handle both if you aim for perfection. Too soft can be used in dirt but is a battle in sand. At least that is what I have experienced through life. The softer the surface, the more strength I need from both front and rear. Might be wrong if you ask some other but this is how I tune my bike .
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Just keep it pinned and you'll be golden. Sand wants to grab anyone who putts through.
  4. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    the old husky manual tells to stiffen the compression for sand. also raise the triples and increase rear sag
  5. John s Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda monkey
    All of Michigan is sand and I ride the same bike. We set the suspension firm for the sand and it works very well. Keep on the gas and stand on the pegs and you will be fine. Remember, elbows up and knees flexed….