1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 Te310r Hard Cold Start

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by woodendog2017, Apr 10, 2023.

1. woodendog2017 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF100f
    I bought a 2013 TE 310r, electric start is broke, worm gear is chewed up and I assume the ring gear is the same. Will start first kick hot but is very hard to start cold, cleaned the spark plug and put fresh fuel which didnt really do much.
    It feels like it has plenty of compression and will back fire and kick back when its cold. Idle is very choppy and its backfires a bit when it eventually starts.
    My next guess is to check the valve specs and go from there but thought I would post it here before I delve that deep into it.
    Strange thing is it was starting easy enough when I bought it 2 months ago and after 1 ride its like this.
  2. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gasgas ec250 -18, Yamaha WR250F
    Check the TPS! Does it run smooth when you get it to start (except for idle). You can adjust it manually. When it runs, turn the TPS slowly left and right til the idle is smooth. Even better if you have a TPS tool. I dont and have adjusted all my bikes like this.
  3. woodendog2017 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF100f
    It runs ok when revved, I'll try change the TPS around a little and see what it does,
    I didn't think about that at all. Would that make it so hard to start cold but start fine when its hot?
  4. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    The TPS makes it running bad if its not setup properly. Cold, hot or doesnt start at all. Before you change the setup. Make a mark so you know where it was from start. Perhaps not a solution but worth to try .
  5. woodendog2017 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF100f
    So I messed around with the TPS and now she starts 2nd kick cold with the hot start pulled then after it warm up I pushed in the idle screw/cold start depending what you want to call it. And the bike died straight away. So I started it again and left it to get good and hot for 5 mins with the cold start pulled. Then I opened the idle screw a few more turns and pushed in the cold start button and it slowed the idle significantly so I adjusted it until I sounded right (at least it sounded right to me and my father). Left her run another few mins then killed it and it started while hot another couple of time.

Will be bringing it out this weekend if the good weather hold but I'm taking it easy for the next few weeks due to exams so it may be a while before I can give it a good test.

Just posting an update incase anyone else has these issues, If I remember I'll update again when I get out for a spin.
  6. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice to hear that you at least have made some progress. As I said, it was just a hint. Ive hade some issues with the TPS and it helped me. Not saying that its your problem BUT great if it is .