1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE310 - How much oil does yours use

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Chris402007, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Chris402007 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Hi All,

New to this site.

Got a 2013 TE310 with 1200 miles on the clock.
    Just done a 130 mile bike rally and engine used 600ml of oil.

Had KTM and GasGas before this bike and they didn't use anything like this amount.

Is this normal?

Thanks
  2. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    What do you mean with used 60ml of oil? I mean, did it burned the oil? When you did the oil the change, the bike only had 400cc on it?
  3. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    That would mean it lost 67% of the sump capacity. Not good at all. Check the vent return hose to the bottom of the engine. If the hose comes off or leaks considerably you can lose a lot of oil in a hurry. Otherwise, I'd be checking the compression.
    Tinken likes this.
  4. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Not a drop after 2,400 miles. I do oil changes at roughly 300 miles or depending on how hard the miles. In any case I have never found level to have dropped in that duration.
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Nothing significant s far, about 1400 ni.
  6. Tim Randall Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr125 / WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    nothing to notice with my 310, 2011 coming onto 3000 klms. :)
  7. 4stroker Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC 250 2010
    When my TC 250 2010 burns 125 cc in 100 kms, need a new piston or rings.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I've got 2 010 TC250s, Xlite engines with CARBS... One uses lots enough oil it can drop out of sight on oil-window gauge oil if ridden hard... How much oil is that? Not a lot really but there is only 900ML in there? .. You gotta carry oil with you on a long ride if you keep the RPMs up in the ~8K range lots...It never smokes and feels ok power wise so I'm confused with this bike and where is that oil going? ... Its has used oil since day 1 when I got it at ~50 hrs and now at ~250 hrs, it has continually used more and more but only if REVed hard as stated above... I have the rings and really need to put them in this bike ...

This bike also has got to have the throttle opened slightly to get it to crank... Not a throttle twist&kick as on a 2t bike but twist the throttle until you feel the throttle slide moves off the bottom of the CARB, wait a second or 2, them kick it from TDC and it will start. I've seen lots of local riders here on the old old bikes open the throttle to crank them also... I know these are just mechanical devices, such as a can opener, but they will be just like gals from time to time.

The second 010 TC 250 bike (~240 hrs) uses zero oil to the current date and seems to run fine ... And my 08 TXC 250 (different engine type) with ~950 hrs and ~10,000 miles has never used oil. So its confusing ...

That open the throttle trick does not help the second TC250 bike crank. Somewhere along the way, the first TC developed that requirement to help starting. Its the kiss of death for the second TC.
  9. Tim Randall Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr125 / WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Have you owned the two xlites since new? Different run-in??
  10. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    My 2012 never lost any oil in the 2200 miles I had the pleasure to own it. The oil return line may be the culprit as mentioned above.
  11. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    2012 te310 650 miles 3 oil changes, doesnt burn any oil in between changes. I suspect you have a leak, or the piston ring is shot? If so, I assume you would see bluish smoke while running or see black deposits on the rear fender? My old DR350 burned allot of oil and I would see black on the fender. (also could mean the carb/efi is running rich)
  12. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    These bikes really need a clean air filter or the piston ring will fry out quickly and cause oil usage but I suspect that isn't your issue at all. My $ is on the oil return line.
  13. richard kersten Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    klx 250s vulcan 900 yamaha stryker
    1000 miles here , change oil every 300 , never lost a drop.
  14. shanes_husky Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250 2012
    I've got the same issue. Te250 2013. I loose oil somewhere but no apprent oil leaks and my bike does struggle to start when left when hot
    You have to slightly open throttle to get running. If put hand at exhaust and rev I do get a faint black dimishing on my hand like oil deposit but not like it's wet wet. Hardly a notice of smoke but you can see it smoke on acceleration.
    But hardly noticable. Only done 500 miles about 30 hrs.
  15. 4stroker Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC 250 2010
    Pro X piston have the rings more thick, have more life but more wear on the skirt.
  16. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 2010 TE250 without the drain back hose will suck quite a bit of oil into the intake on a long hi-speed day...maybe 200ml per day.

My 2012 TXC310 with the drain back hose does not use a drop.

600ml low is very low.

Only 300ml left!
  17. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    what is the drain back hose, the system sold by ZipTy?
  18. Buzybraza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM 525 EXC & 2008 KTM 950 SE
  19. Green Mtn Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    I have an 2011 TE 310 with over 200 hours on it. Does not use any oil between 400 mile changes.
  20. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The original 2010 x-lites did not drain the blow by oil back into the crankcase.

It was sucked direct into the intake manifold.

The newer bikes drain it back to the sump via a hose to the drain plug.

Zip ty makes a must have relocation kit up to the filler plug.

If your bike has a hose to the drain plug under the moto,r you have a drain back set up.
    Alberto likes this.