1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE310 and IMS tank fitting issues

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Huskyfly, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Wondering if anyone else is having issues with the fitting of the bigger 2.9 IMS tank and their seat pan? I have a new to me 2013 TE310 and can’t make the seat and IMS tank fit very well together. There seems to be a 1” gap that’s completely bulging the back of my seat, meaning the tank needs to be more forward because the pan doesn’t sit down onto the tank. It’s like the IMS tank has a bad mold (swollen) where the front part of the seat and tank meet up (slide together). Anyone else have this gap or problems fitting the two?
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't have that tank. But I caution you that that bike has a tendency to boil the fuel in the tank in hot weather in tight woods.

I guess being in BC is is cool up there, though.
  3. Motorcycle Ron Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Can-Am Spyder
    I have the same bike and tank. I just let the seat bulge a little. Thinking it might be where the seat attaches to the upper part of tank. Thinking about shaving some material somewhere but not sure where. So far its not an issue when riding
  4. Motorcycle Ron Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Can-Am Spyder
    Yes it does boil the gas. I had a bad vent on the aftermarket gas cap and it swelled the tank. I put the stock hose back on and all was fine.
    I bent the tabs up a little where the middle part of the seat attaches to the frame and that helped. I also used a 3 pound sledge hammer to tap the tank in place. I then used the hammer on the seat and it snugged up much better.
    Wondering if the tank insulation kits i see keep the fuel from boiling?