1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE 310 low fuel light

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Hsyrac, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Hsyrac Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 2008 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 XR 650r 1999 gas gas 321
    Just got a 2013 TE 310 and the low fuel light won't turn off. Any ideas before I go back to the dealer? Hour meter isn't working either.
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    The fuel level sensor I believe is on the right side petcock. Maybe see if that connection/connector is still connected. Maybe disconnect and reconnect it in case it may be oxidized. Hour meter on the '13 does not function except when the race map is activated and it is supposed to reset when the engine is shut down.
  3. Shawntrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Hi, had a problem that might be related - the hose on the left side of the was pinched and didn't allow fuel to move into lower tank - chech the thread :
    Fuel tanks not communicating
    A little was down in the 4stroke forums:)
  4. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    WTF? :excuseme:

Maintenance is done based on hours... and they reset the hour counter? That's just dumb.
  5. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I thought it was strange too as I had asked why my instruments hour meter showed an "H" but never any hours. I had a gasket leak fixed and on my Service Invoice it states; "Hour Meter only for Race Map. Hours reset when engine is shut down. Bike is OK". I know my tech did consult Husky on this as was new to him as well re: the '13s.
  6. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Add fuel? :confused:
  7. Rudelgazelle Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    I have the same problem with the low fuel light. I think some connection is already corroded... I´ll check all connections next weekend and replace these rediculous plugs with water-proof ones, like the one on top of the air filter...
  8. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

Broken resistor in the wiring harness under the tank right before it goes between the radiator and the frame. I just unplugged the sensor wire where it plugs in to the lead coming from the right hand petcock and use the slosh method for gauging fuel now.
  9. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    The low fuel warning light on the '13/'14s may be easily fixed by replacing the right side petcock/sensor as I have done. Do not tear into the wiring harness without testing the petcock/sensor. If shorted it's a simple fix with a $45 part.

Note that the post on these petcocks appears bent. The are slightly I believe to conform to the shape of the tank so will not rub/stick against the side of the tank. Don't bend to straighten IMO.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/reserve-fuel-sensor.36762/#post-357981
  10. jmardy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310, 2016 FE350
    Other Motorcycles:
    Speed Triple R, KTM 690
    Figured out my problem. I pulled the right side pet cock and checked it on the bench. Works perfect. When the float hits the bottom mark it completes the circuit. When it lifts off, open circuit, light (would) go out.
    So I put it back together and had the same issue. I have a cheap endoscope thing and stuck it in the tank:
    (forgive the horrible quality)
    The float does not float. It sits on the bottom of the shaft, even with fuel above it.
    So I guess a whole new assembly is the only solution.

Attached Files:

11. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    jmardy,

I tested mine on the tank and was faulty. Bought the replacement and that fixed it. I then did as you testing the old one on the bench and seemed to work. Glad you were able to isolate what was happening.

John
    jmardy likes this.