1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 tc250 exhaust mod?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Woodsrider59, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Woodsrider59 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 tc250r
    Looking for some help on how to do the exhaust modification on a 2013 tc250.any help is appreciated.thanks
  2. Del Todd Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 250 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 200 XC, 450 EXC-R
    Remove heads of rivets from end cap. Cut screen from end cap. Remove pinched piece of pipe from other side of silencer using tin snips, pliers, grinders, whatever you have. This part is kind of a pain in the arse. Rivet end cap back on. Viola now you have a regular silencer that sounds nice and isn't too loud and unchokes your motor.
  3. Woodsrider59 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 tc250r
    Thanks man.much appreciated
  4. Tate65 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC250
    Seeing as this was july I'd say you've already done it. If not I wouldnt bother as it makes no difference to the performance whatsoever!
    RickyDZero likes this.
  5. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TC450. 10 TC250. 13 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    A little late for my comment, but yes, I agree. I have two of these bikes. One original and one with the screen removed and the "pinch" area also removed. Sounds a little louder, but if there is a power difference, I sure don't feel it. I'll leave the stock one alone.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Just louder but we did not notice any difference.
    But it sounds good!
  7. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    I agree I did this exhaust mod to a 511 I had. The only thing that I truly accomplished was destroying a perfectly good spark resistor. Lesson learned, so when I bought my tc 250 I got a PC exhaust and left the stock one alone. I never even started the bike with the stock exhaust, so I really don't know if it is true or not but they say the PC exhaust will add 4-5 HP and for the $ I felt it worth the price.
  8. Tate65 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC250
    I just fitted a Pro circuit T5 full system to my 2013 TC250. while it is slightly cleaner in the mid range there isnt any noticable extra power up top or in the mid. oh well at least it looks nice...
  9. ridemore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TC450. 10 TC250. 13 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 Triumph Bonnivile
    The T5 is an awesome system no doubt. Can't go wrong there. However, Thanks for sharing your honest results. Typical though that the magazines reviews I've read insist that the stock Akropovich system has to go. I run the stock system and no other stock 250 out there out "drag racing" me, so far. It's my own riding that may make me fall behind later :-). They just always seem to feel the need to say something about Husky that is bad. Every Time!! One article even complained about the grips. Really? Most people replace them with their favorite anyway. It that the best you MX magazines have to offer me? Grips?
  10. Caferacerman Husqvarna
    AA Class

We ran our 2013 with the stock exhaust and experienced a notable improvement when we moved to the Pro Circuit. The midrange did improve and we got a little more up top.
    ridemore and Tinken like this.