1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2012 WR250/300 Schematic diagram?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Quin, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Quin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300 2T
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1190R
    Does anybody have the 2012 WR250/WR300 wiring diagram/schematic with wire colour decode for the wiring harness.

want to add a USB charger for my GPS
  2. Quin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300 2T
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1190R
    just looking at the bike - as i have no manual - so from what i can tell there are no fuses on these 2012 WR250/300's ? - so power seems to come from the alternator to the regulator then up to the left hand handlebar cluster.
    With a DMM seems the Earth is the thick blue and the 12v+ve supply line is the centre pin green wire?
  3. Quin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300 2T
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1190R
    OK in the end i just connected it to the parking light bulb lume - the USB port ran fine (blue LED on) for a minute then smoked the USB - seems the 2012 WR300 voltage (without a battery to stabilise any ripples) is not smooth enough (spiking) for the USB port I installed. I have used these on 3 other bikes with batteries. One DMM shows the voltage as DC , and a second auto sensing DMM show the voltage as AC.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yes, the WRs have AC magneto generators. To make them have DC power, they would need to have a recitfier along with the regulator. Also they don't generate a whole lot of wattage, as they are primarily designed as an offroad machine, and generally only have to run a small 30 watt headlight and 5 watt tail light.
  5. Quin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300 2T
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1190R
    found the Schematic for 2012 Husqvarna WR300

[IMG]
    NCSteve likes this.
  6. Quin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300 2T
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1190R
    @dirtdame thx - Should be easy enough to add a rectifier - i would also prefer the lights to run on DC (as i am going to install an LED headlight) - i changed the headlight bulb over to an H4 and its working fine but will probably last longer on DC too. Any recommendations on the best place to cut the lume (Yellow wire?) and insert a 10amp rectifier?
  7. Quin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300 2T
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1190R
    from that schematic - I am wondering if the yellow wire is DC anyway?
  8. Quin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300 2T
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1190R
    it's like the lights run on AC and the Speedo and horn run on DC?
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    You will need to add a battery as well, for best results. I have not checked as to what the wiring looks like on my 300. The 125 came with no lights or wiring harness to speak of, and a yellow wire came out of the regulator, so I built my wiring harness for the lighting that I added, starting at that point. I did not add a rectifier or battery, though. I would have to do some research on putting those things together, by studying other schematics of similar types of street legal machines for ideas, if I was trying to come up with a solution for that sort of project.
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Generator depiction shows that it is a AC sine wave. I think that you would need a DC generator (with three yellow wires leading to the rectifier)to make DC current. DC power for horn and speedo usually comes from the battery. That's why these things don't run with the engine off.