1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2012 WR 300 Suspension Questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by msmith345, Apr 26, 2013.

1. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Trying to figure out parts needed to rebuild the forks, and to replace both the springs front and rear.

Race tech lists the same 4446 series springs for the '12 Husky WR300 and the '09 CRF450R. That has me a bit skeptical as I assumed the CRF would have closed chamber Showa forks.

Racetech's spring calculator also recommends .46 N/mm at the fork and a 5.8 kg/mm on the shock. I'm 195 lbs neked and race B-class hare scramble and enduro. Their recommendation was slightly stiff, but worked real well on my KTM 200. So, I was wondering for those of you that have done Vinduro's setup if that sounds about in the ballpark. Initially, I thought the fork was incredibly soft on my 300, but at the lower end of the sag range, so I left it. Over the last 100 hrs it's settled and is now just way too soft. So, 2 bumps up in weight seems about right.

Now, something I've used in the past were the fork rebuild kits from Pivotworks, to replace all the bushings and seals in my WP forks. It was nice having everything together in a package. They don't list anything for the Huskies, so I was wondering if another bike would use the same fork internals that might have a kit available. I'd really like to have one of those.

This might be moot for my needs, as I'll head into my dealer tomorrow and check with the suspension guy there. I might just have him do the works on it, even though I'd really like to get into the whole suspension valving/tuning stuff myself.

It's that dang Lectron's fault :naughty:

...now, I'm riding too fast for my suspension. :banana:
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The '09 CRF has KYB forks. I've been using '07 YZ bushings and seal in my Husky forks. All Balls has Husky kits. I have the .46 and I'm about you size. I had the .44 and now the .46 and they seem fine.
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  3. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Hi Folks,

Im New Here... Next week getting a 2012 WR 300 , and Already know as Always gonna have to change front and rear Springs for my 100kgs weight and suit my level of riding...

Im in Spain ( just moved here from South America 8 months ago ), and will be my 1st Husky ever...( used KTM's here are insane overpriced and all looked really trashy ) ... ( cant Afford them right now ).
    so im in the dark with all the Sources of info and places to get the Springs for this bike.... jetting for this place...etc.

My Town is is 700 meters high ( for jetting reference )..

Already called the Husky dealer here in my City to try getting info ..and they are Useless..really...bad and incredible lazy attitude... Customer Service level -1000..

Being Using race tech suspension all my live for my 15 years + racing KTM's ... but now here in Spain is all new for me ,Ill love to find a supplier for the Husky springs in order to save myself some $$$

So if anyone knows and have the patience and the time to put me on the right track for jetting this bike and upgrading the Springs would be highly Appreciatted :cheers:

Im Gratefull to belong to this site, and looking forward to contribute with all the info all be getting from this bike...

Cheers to you all and Enjoy your Riding Weekend

P:D Sorry but English is my second language...:thumbsup:
  4. jeanjean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    IT175H
    Front: every spring with 43 to 43.5 mm outer diameter and 460 mm length will fit.

Eibach or Q-Springs

You may look for 2.hand spings from a Yamaha WRF 259 '05-'14 or WRF 450 '05-'11.
    I think, WP 4CS springs will fit as well.

Back: if you have a KYB shock, you will find a lot of springs with the same length and inner diameter.

Rather that the local HVA dealer, try to find a good suspension shop.

For jetting, I cannot help.

I you have issues with the Mikuni, check this thread, check the intake manifold (between carburator and cylinder) and the O-ring of the fuel needle inside the carburator.

I get the JD kit solving both problems by Bergos in Germany.

jeanjean
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Just get a JD Jetting carb kit for it. It will have the 2 needles (1 high altitude and 1 low altitude) , needle jet etc. for your bike and instructions too. This is what I run in my 300, and it runs great. Mine came with a richer slide #4, but looks like the new kits do not include this item. In addition, you will need to make sure that you are running an #80 starter jet. I settled on a #440 sized main jet and a #32.5 pilot jet.
    https://jdjetting.com/product/jdhq10-250-300-09-13/
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  6. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Thanks both of ya..

Yep, I believe the JD is the safest way to go...
    As soon I get the bike,Ill check whats installed for base line reference , compare it from what I see OEM settings posted here, while the JD arrives...

Is possible to buy the JD here in Spain or Europe ?
  7. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Nice info..

Good to know The yamaha Wrf 450 from 05 to 11 uses the same springs ...
    Are the same for the Yzf 450 as well ?
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    You can order right from their website if you can't find a dealer to order it for you.
  9. jeanjean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    IT175H
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  10. jeanjean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    IT175H
    but double-check the length bevor buying something.

Your springs are 460 mm and there is no room to go longer because there is no preload-ring.

jeanjean
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  11. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Anyone knows whats the stock rear and front springs rate in the 2012 wr300 ?
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    (*edit due to typo)5.4 rear, .42 front as I recall.
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  13. jeanjean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    IT175H
    .42 front, but 5.4 rear

jeanjean
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  14. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The CR125 Husky KYB uses the same length spring as the 2 stroke Yamaha. The 4 stroke Yamaha springs are longer and you will have to machine a new snap ring grove in the cartridge where the spring retainer seats to accommodate the 4 stroke spring. I'm not sure if the wr300 uses the same fork as the CR, the KYB catalog that I linked below says the WR250-300 uses an open chamber KYB.

http://www.technicaltouchusa.com/fi...2018_KYB_Genuine_Parts_Catalog_compressed.pdf

The spring length and pretty much everything you need to know is in the above link
  15. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Sorry...Yeah, typo/brain fart. I'm running a 5.0 on the rear now because I'm not very heavy.
  16. jeanjean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    IT175H
    Borntoride71 likes this.