1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2012 Te 250 - Got Louder As I Rode

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by 207HuskyCM, Jun 15, 2018.

1. 207HuskyCM Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 250
    First post here! thanks for the approval

not sure if there is an issue or if its just running how it should, but on my first ride of the 2018 season my bike got progressively louder as the day went on and eventually it leveled out 4 hours into the ride and hasn't changed since. Hard to recall how loud it was when i purchased the bike last year but i don't recall it being as beefy and "baffleless" MX sounding . i had no issues with my inspection sticker this year so the sound doesn't bother me just don't want something to cause an issue down the road. bike has 2000 miles on the clock and if bone stock besides some bolt on protection.

prior to the ride i did an oil and filter change (my have slightly over filled) and cleaned the air filter and re-oiled. post ride i checked the air filter and besides some serious sand dust there was no engine oil residue on the filter or in the air box/intake.

Could i have done something as simple and to much oil on the filter or had some bad/old gas in the bottom of the tank? or could it be a larger issue withing the header/exhaust? Bike is running great and goes like a bat out of hell in the tight single track just the sound change was so noticeable that it made me think of anything and everything that could possible go wrong. And considering its and Italian Husky i have nothing to compare it to around these parts.

I realize this doesn't sound like a major issue, i was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen to their ride.
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I doubt it was too much oil on your air filter, or anything to do with your oil change (btw, intake noise is different than exhaust noise). if you put too much oil in- maybe. was it smoking?

how much oil are you burning? the baffling effect of the fiberglass is reduced with oil saturation.

a loose or missing baffle, spark arrestor, or end cap ?

was there a mouse nest in the exhaust that was later blown out? they have been known to store seeds there also.

were you congested or have an ear infection? and did it clear up as the day went on?

welcome to the cafe.

good luck.
  3. 207HuskyCM Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 250
    thanks, everything on exhaust is tight, it was never smoking, oil has stopped from exiting the "blow by" and leveled out at half way in the looking glass on the RT side.

and once again thanks for putting some input into my dumb question. i guess i just worry to much about getting back to the truck when we average 100+ mile per weekend with my riding crew. I am just going to assume that there were some seeds in my exhaust and they blew out. other guys i was riding with notice should change pretty early in ride so that seem like the only logical answer. got about 85 miles in this weekend and bike ran like a dream. thanks for the re-assurance and the out of the box thinking as far as nasal congestion, that could very well have been the case...... pollen for days here on the east coast with the lack of rain.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I once washed my two stroke and forgot to put the plug in the silencer. Must have gotten the packing wet, cuz it was a lot louder when I fired her up after the wash. Packing was saturated.