1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2012 cr144 Please help

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by DaveyBlueBalls, Dec 26, 2016.

1. DaveyBlueBalls Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Hello everyone, my name is Wes and I have a 2012 cr144. I traded my junky 450 to this bike and need some help. I have ridden this bike maybe a total of one mile very hard and I have noticed that there is an excessive amount of oil coming out of the silencer. The bike seems to run great compared to all the other Honda 125s I've owned. The bike had a br9es plug in it and has an fmf fatty/turbinecore 2. Previous owner said he mixes 40:1. He didn't say what oil he uses. I pulled the plug and and looked fine nice tan color to it. I was just wandering if this would bother anything as the bike seems to run great I won't be racing just some trail riding and hill climbing for me. Oh and one more thing, I noticed that the transmission oil level was low. Like so low that it wasn't in the sight glass and when I asked the guy he said he used the recommended amount but it wouldn't show in the glass. You guys have this problem too? Or have I been had? Thanks for any replies. I really appreciate/need the help.
  2. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Change the gearbox oil and set the level in the centre of the sight glass, then monitor the level. It should not change.
    Oil spooge from the muffler may not be an issue. If it's running well and the plug is a good colour I'd leave it. The excess spooge will likely be leftover oil in the muffler from the previous owners riding, possibly riding at low revs for extended periods. Might pay to repackage the muffler.
    Use a good quality synthetic 2t oil at a ratio between 32 & 40 to 1 and you should be fine.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Do wat this guy^ said! :)
    DaveyBlueBalls likes this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    My 125 drools a lot too, and I run it at 50:1, but I do a lot of low speed riding too. The more I ride it fast and in higher RPM range, the less slop falls out of the spark arrestor. Luckily, it all comes off in the wash!:thumbsup:
    DaveyBlueBalls likes this.
  5. DaveyBlueBalls Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate the advice. I rode it again today and I've been a Honda guy all my life but I believe it's safe to say that these little huskies are the shit. I don't care if I ever ride anything else again. Lol