1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2012/2013 TE310 big end pins, conrod length, piston dimensions, are they the same?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mike Mclennan, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Mike Mclennan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    txc310r 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400
    It seems like only genuine Piston kit is available at a very high cost for this year, almost 4 times the price of a aftermarket piston kit for a 2012.

Apparently they changed the gudgeon size in 2013 to a 14mm from a 16mm for 2012.

I am trying to find out if the big end pins and conrod length are the same along with the piston dimensions.
    If this is the case I maybe able to use 2012 aftermarket parts which will be heaps cheaper, as I need to change my conrod anyhow.

Can anyone confirm.

Not unless someone out there has a full engine to sell.

Rebuilding engine after an unfortunate occurrence on my 2013 310r with someone who road it without permission in first gear at full revs for minutes of duration,,,,,, don't ask me.
  2. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I don't know of any aftermarket company that makes a conrod for any year 310 xlite.
  3. Mike Mclennan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    txc310r 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400
    Whether it be right or wrong the Pro-x website when you search for 2013 Husky comes up with a conrod from the earlier year models on there search criteria. It comes up with this same listing when you search for the 2013 250r as well, (for the 250, they list various available parts including piston as well)

There is also on ebay a listing for new conrod for 2010-2013 for the 2013. I have also had it confirmed to me from another dealer they have a aftermarket conrod for my bike/year.

If you are changing the conrod, because the gudgeon size is apparently different that may mean you can use the earlier piston and aftermarket parts.
    So as much as anything I am trying to figure out, what is compatible to make things work again.
    The only aftermarket piston I can see listed for the red head is Pro Circuit racing list a high compression piston for the year also.

Mike..
  4. Mike Mclennan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    txc310r 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400
    Can anyone confirm??????