1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TXC250 gas cap

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Schomer, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Schomer Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 250
    The top little tube that comes out of the gas cap broke and upon further inspection it appears to not be replaceable - the tube. Frustrating. None of the after-market gas caps say they fit the TXC250. Anyone know what might work? I don't want to dig up Husky OEM parts... seems like a bad design, having the tube attached permanently to the cap.
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    A TXC is basically a TE (or even a TC '10+) so it shouldn't be a problem finding an OEM gas cap or an aftermarket one (I found many with a minimal search). Also, try your 450 cap on it... you may be surprised.

I don't think the vent hose is permanently fixed to the cap- give it a twist/rotation before you pull it off (and don't rock it side-to-side)

call Bill/Bryan/Jon at BMP- they'll fix you up either with an aftermarket cap, oem, or used one for way less money, I betcha. Call the shop toll-free 888-806-1153 or email bmp@teleport.com (<-- ummmm, best to call); you will get TONS of good/free advice too. Bill once talked to me for 45 minutes and gave me lots of inside info on a bike I bought at a dealer across the country. Good people.

Part #8000B1057
    CAP SET, FUEL TANK $24.95
    (450- #8000B1058 $15.99, there may have been a minor or insignificant mod, 'cause the part # are so close)

I don't wanna sound harsh, but this is really a non-problem and solved with just a tiny bit of searching.

Also, in the future, leave your vent tube on the cap unless there's a reason to take it off, of course.

Save the gasket also. (actually, save the whole thing if you can- you may need it some day)

good luck.

Edit: Acerbis makes the OEM cap for Husqvarna on my 310r; the odds are good that they make an aftermarket one that'll fit yours. I found this out by removing the stock gasket and seeing their logo.
    Alberto likes this.
  3. MFGamesta Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    S1000R, Beta 500 RR-S
    Are you sure it's not replaceable? My '08 250 looked like it wasn't replaceable but once I got the dry-rotted tube off, I was able to go to my local MC shop and get a new, shorter replacement tube with a new vent.
  4. Schomer Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 250
    I think I’ve spent three hours trying to find a replacement, myself. There is only ONE replacement cap that comes back from a google search and it’s in China.

The Acerbis website doesn’t list any Husqvarna parts - and their “universal” gas cap only says it’s sized in small or large. There’s no way to know what caps fit...

I have the same 2011 TXC 250 that had the tube broken off the cap. No idea why the tube was part of the cap in the first place - but regardless, gas goes all over the place without it.

If anyone has a link to something that works, please share.
  5. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Can you post a pic of what you are talking about.
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    you're missing the big inner rubber gasket under the cap if you have raw gas coming out; or else something else is really wrong. Does your cap have a husky logo on it? does it have the Acerbis logo underneath it (behind the gasket) or some other Italian plastics manufacture (UFO, Polisport)? How 'bout a picture? (i started this a couple of hours before JD made the same request- I just didn't post it until my "snark" level dropped a bit.)

The thing you're calling a "tube" is either called a "hose fitting" or "hose nipple" and is where the (surprise!) vent hose connects.

...and again: don't get hung up on searching for a "TXC" cap, the TC and TE caps are the same, and those models sold in much bigger numbers.

BTW, here is your solution:
    Try a husky shop. Or order the stock cap from BMP. Or order the one from china. (non-) problem solved.

And I order stuff from china almost every week- it takes about 10 days when it's fast, and about 25 days when it's slow (I'd say 2 weeks nominally). IOW it's not Amazon, but it's cheap & reliable. I sometimes get electronic parts delivered to my door from a half a world away for a total cost that's less the first-class postage. Seems like I saw one of those chinese anodized aluminum caps recently- I'll look (~$25 IIRC).

Acerbis doesn't really cater to consumers; they have tons of crap that's harder than hell to find if you can't read Italian. Try calling the North American office 1-800-1440 in SoCal maybe. I'be been trying to locate an red X-Seat for my 310r for over a year now; and I'm trying to mod a Acerbis Husaberg mount for an X-Brake guard, so I know what you're talking about. But really- a gas cap is simple.

and here's a technique I have used in the past to determine if a gas cap fits: I try to screw it on the tank bung. That tells me right away if it fits or not.:doh:

gas cap sm.jpg

gas cap gasket sm.jpg
    Alberto likes this.
  7. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I had the same situation.. and because Im cheap, I did not want to order the OEM cap with the rubber seal. So, I removed the original rubber seal, that was leaking(torn outer edge) and cut a piece of rubber I bought on a hardware store, of the same size as the OEM, made a round hole in the center, to accomodate the valve and that solved my problem. Then, I noticed the original rubber seal, prevented the gas from leaking to the hose.. so I bought one of these: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/56372/i/keiti-replacement-gas-vent-tubes and problem solved

By reading again your initial post, I assume what is broken on your gas cap, is the little plastic fitting that connects to the black hose, right? thats easier to fix.. just buy a fitting in plastic or bronze that fit the hole, drill it, seal the botton and put a different diameter hose to vent, again, put a picture so we can have an idea of what happened.

If you want to spend 24 dollars on the cap and 12 on the rubber seal, buy them at Halls:
    Cap
    http://halls-cycles.stores.dealerspike.com/search.aspx?keyword=8000B1057&soption=2
    rubber seal
    http://halls-cycles.stores.dealerspike.com/search.aspx?keyword=8000A4562&soption=2