2011 TXC 449 conversion to supermoto.....

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by SonofaGun31, Apr 12, 2015.

1. SonofaGun31 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husqvarna TXC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yammy 200 woods bike (crap, beater)
    Basically I'm starting this thread to see if anyone could throw me some advice or help on how I should set up the switch from the factory off road set up to street/supermoto.. So far I have another set of warp 9 rims n street tires
    So if anyone has any tips im open to all suggestions... Another thing is I'm getting a big wobble in the handlebars/forks at high speeds usually around 85-90+ which is a lil scary when your up at those speeds I'm not the greatest mechanic so if anyone could tell me how to correct this Id appreciate it
  2. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Offset triple clamps.

also reset everything from top to bottom. start at the steering stem preload. Then move onto loosening triple clamps, then installing the axle and everything loose.

Tighten the triple clamps tighten the axle bump the front a bunch then sinch the axle pinch bolts. Make sure your forks are flush with the clamps. If it still headshakes then yes you need offset triple clamps which will be very hard to find if you have the kyb 48s.
    SonofaGun31 likes this.
  3. SonofaGun31 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husqvarna TXC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks huskylove I appreciate the insight it helps a lot!
  4. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    any luck with resetting the front end?
  5. SonofaGun31 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husqvarna TXC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gonna get started today actually, I'll definitely let you know the results, one other thing Huskylove, your front fender, is it supermoto of the factory off-road? I would much rather have a husky one than an after market but finding things for this bike had been a challenge to say the least.....
  6. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Ordered mine from the dealer in vacaville, ca. Motoxotica. They had it to me in around a week.

Itis the factory supermoto.

For your suspension good settings are to run the compression in about 80% of the way to slow it down, and put the rebound all the way in for the forks, and 80% for the shock. This will help. Start with the forks flush to the clamps then push them up 10mm at a time and check the results. I have offset triple clamps and lowered the suspension evenly 1.5" front and rear. This caused me to loose the nimble feeling I had but super stable, so then I shoved the forks up 1" additional. This sounds like alot and it is, but the bike is so stable that you seriously could never wreck it even at the track :). Just how ive done it with my kyb stuff.
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    While I can definitely see why you started the thread where you did, someone pointed out that you might get more help/information in the supermoto forum.. so think I will move this thread over there with a 1 month re-direct.

Hopefully you will get good information :cheers: