1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TXC 250 starter...?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Wolf, May 27, 2013.

1. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    We have a problem with our 11. Started just fine with kick and e-start until race time. Now if we hit the starter it just spins, no fire. If we kick it, it feels like the e-start is not disengaging, not possible to kick it through as it seems to drag the e-start motor along. Sounds weird too.
    The history...my son ran the battery down the night before, as he accidentally left the kill switch on. We put in a spare battery, the bike ran, but seemed to stumble off idle. Bike ran for a 30 minute moto, but then the problems started.
    What I have tried so far: changed battery again and put a fully charged one in...no go.
    I know this isn't a good description...but I'm really not sure what is going on.
    Just checked and adjusted valves 2 rides ago.
  2. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    Upon lots of reading I discovered that this is not uncommon. Is it the general consensus that the the probability is high that the ring gear and the fly wheel are stuck together? What's the fix?
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

pull off the flywheel and check it out.
  4. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    Hugely disappointed in the findings. Just about every part needs to be replaced :(...I will list the parts needed later once I calm down.
  5. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    So here are the parts needed: Spacer, Bearing, Ring Gear, Retainer, Freewheel Assy, Flywheel, 2 gaskets. Retail somewhere around $460 bucks. Now the good news....HALL'S rocks! Thank you Jeff for working with us on this. Apparently they had just the right parts bike donor in the shop.
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    If I were you and you planned on keeping your 250, I would take the Ring Gear as well as the mating gear to a metal finishing shop and have them Titanium Nitride coated. This is how Husqvarna is upgrading the new parts. The parts will eventually wear out again if this isn't done.
    Wolf likes this.
  7. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    One last update: got it all fixed. We determined that the failure was caused by using the estart and kick start simultaneously when dead engine starting at the races. The process caused a back fire last time, which apparently spun the sprague clutch backwards right into the flywheel and sort of welded itself together...man was it stuck. We kept hitting the starter, which only made it worse. So we now use estart in neutral and slam it in gear once it fires.
  8. Aheg Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 250
    Does anyone know where I can purchase a new starter for my 2011 TXC250? My original finally we out...