1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE511 --> 2011 SMR511 conversion with original rims

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HuskySnake, Feb 28, 2017.

1. HuskySnake Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2011
    So, i have the TE511 2011, but i also have original SMR511 2011 rims that i would like to use, hopefully with the same break discs and calipers.What are the regulations in regard to disc sizes related to rim size? I am aware that smaller rims will increase rotation speed, therefore larger discs are preferred, but are there any rules in regard to minimum disc size? The TE already has pretty descent discs

I find it very strange that so few (if any) have done this conversion as the bikes are very similar. (People often go for Warp9 or other solutions)

As far as i can tell, there aren't much differences between the bikes. The back wheel goes straight on with no problems, the front wheel however, as far as i can tell needs a (small) additional spacer. I've talked to the dealer, they say the spacer parts for both SMR511 and TE511 have the same part number, but the hubs are of different width. This makes me think the break system/caliper on the SMR has some differences in regard to distance from the wheel compaired to the TE511.

Input would be much appreciated
  2. BC61 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The stock TE rotor is way to small for any serious braking. If just putting around the street you'll be fine. If you expect to do more at least get a larger rotor.
    HuskySnake likes this.