1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE449 LED signal issue

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Marc Noel, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Marc Noel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Greetings:

I have recently mounted Zeta handguards with built-in LED turn signals to my 2011 TE449. I had to switch to an electronic flasher to get them to flash, with the OEM incandescents still on the rear. Then I mounted an LED integrated tail light, and they wouldn't flash at all. Next, I mounted a DRC Edge 2 tail light (with new processor upgrade, that enables it to act as LED turn signals also). I have the tail light/rear signals working properly, but can't get the front signals to flash. They are steady on. I have tried three different electronic/LED flasher units, the last one being from DRC itself, yet no go. The only thing left for me to do is to add resistor wires to the front. Just to clarify, the Edge light has multiple programmable modes, and one is independent of the flasher unit, which is why the rear signals work. Any ideas?

Marc Noel
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Most stand alone led signals come with a resistor when in place of an incandescent bulbs. Perhaps you should use the stock flasher relay and resistors on the front only. Sounds like you've got a conflict with your combination of flashers, processors, etc.
  3. Marc Noel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Thanks. I am currently waiting for a fixed-rate flasher relay from 12 O'clock Labs, which will flash at a certain rate, regardless of the load. Let's hope it works. I did try the resistor wires, but no go.
  4. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Did 12 o'clock fix your issue???,
  5. Marc Noel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Eventually. When I first installed the fixed-rate flasher unit, the signals still didn't work properly, but then I realized I had connected it backwards. When I switched it, everything was fine, and continues to be so to this day. I had a problem about six months ago with erratic flashing, and Brooks at 12 O'clock said it was probably poor connections, so I cleaned them up. It's better, not 100% perfect, but good enough.
  6. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Assuming the fixes rate flasher is 12 o'clock right?
  7. Marc Noel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None