1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE310 - Missing front brake light switch???

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by DRCA, Mar 27, 2017.

1. DRCA Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310, 2013 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR650R/Scorpa SY250F/Gas Gas TXT Pro
    Hi:

Going to a DP ride soon and I heard that these guys can be strict on inspections (tires, lights, sound, etc...).

So, checking out the bike, I found that the brake lights isn't working. Rear switch is there (need to figure out if it's plugged in), but I couldn't find any front brake light switch!!!

I was expecting a pressure switch at the front brake reservoir banjo but no... I bought the bike used so I am not sure if the previous owner just took it off.

I looked on bike part fiches and couldn't find it either. Any clue on where to look?

Thanks.
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    it's a micro switch that fits on the lever- and the top part of the lever is turning it off (OFF)... if the switch comes off the lever assembly, the brake light turns on.

brembo lever.jpg

see that weird extension above and to the left of the pivot? that turns the micro-switch off. in electrical terms, it is called a normally-closed micro-switch. This black, rectangle, dice-sized switch itself mounts on the front & bottom of the lever perch and just snaps into 2 holes (IIRC).
  3. DRCA Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310, 2013 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR650R/Scorpa SY250F/Gas Gas TXT Pro

Thanks. Got it... Should have looked closer :rolleyes: Now I need to find out what the rear brake light it not lighting up....
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I leave my rear brake unplugged- to give me the option of braking without that insanely bright LED brake light coming on when I'm on the street (cops).
  5. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Unplug connector at rear master cylinder and jump wires on harness side....
    Front brake switch has laughably tiny plastic clips/pins. Clips are broken on mine, could not figure out how to fix it. Need to buy new switch..