1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE310 - Midrange stutter/bog

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Kotto25, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Kotto25 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    My bike is suffering from a major bog/stutter. It seems to be mostly in the mid-range rpm.

I have the 12 port injector/ecu upgrade. Had the TPS reset/tuned by my dealer. Bike was running great.

Bike sat for about three weeks and now has this terrible stutter.

After first noticing the problem I noticed a small oil leak near the stator wires. I changed the oil and only got about a half a qt. out. Leak must have been there for awhile and I didn't notice it. I changed the oil and sealed the leak with some RTV black around rubber stator gasket. I also serviced (cleaned/lubed) the air filter and checked all the fuel connections.

Stutter/bog is still real bad. Any thoughts before I bring it in to the dealer?
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Battery on it's way south is my first reaction. Maybe injector getting clogged. Or your dealer sabotaged the bike to mysteriously self destruct so you'll buy a new one.
  3. Kotto25 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Thanks for the quick response John. Going to try my friends battery after work today.
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Do you put Stabil or similar in your gas?

Battery connections might be something I'd check too.

Just middle range makes it an odd symptom.
  5. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Certainly sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Battery (low pump voltage) would be a good first check, and a great excuse to pick up an Earth-X battery from ZipTy. After that, I'd be looking for a clogged injector, and then for a clogged or bad fuel pump. Is it possible you fried your rings from not enough oil?
  6. Kotto25 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Just wanted to follow up on this. It seems I have gotten extremely lucky this time. Before taking it to the shop I decided to replace the fuel filter. It seems to have done the trick. Night and day difference for less then $5 and about an hour.
    Mike-AK likes this.