1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE310 clutch issues

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Aaron8, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My clutch is very grabby and uneven when cold. When moving from a stop in first. Once engaged it's fine. Is smooth as soon as normal op. temp. is reached. Is this normal?

Also, fully warmed, the clutch has a very narrow, smooth engagement range at the lever. The lever's almost all the way out at full engagement.

1. Is there a way to bring the engegement range closer to mid-lever stroke? The adjustment on the lever alters lever reach, but nothng else. The reservior plunger has no adjustment.

2. Can the range of clutch engagement be widened somehow?

Other than these things, the clucth works just fine.
  2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    1) if there's an adjustment screw, yes

2) no

How many miles are on the bike? Where do you live? What is the average temperature there currently?
  3. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

1- No screw.
    2- damn.
    3- 610 miles
    4- Southern California
    4- 50 F.

So.. no plate or slave adjustment somehow? Is your clutch grabby when cold?
  4. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Not really. My bike has 201 miles on it now. It's feeling like it broke in because I don't have to use as much gas to pull away from a stop now. Today was the first time I could power it up the ramp while walking along side it without stalling it at least twice.

This is my first bike with a hydraulic clutch. I like the enhanced reliability, but... I miss the feel you get with a cable. It's possible the clutch doesn't like the oil you're using. Or perhaps it's low on oil? Could also be a bad clutch pack. I'm thinking it's probably oil related, though.

I know I saw a screw on one of the levers on my bike today, maybe it was the brake lever... I'll try to remember to check tomorrow and take a picture.
  5. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for your reply.

Oil, yes. I'll be on dino oil (Castrol Actevo X-Tra 4T 20-50) until 1500 mi.

I just changed it, I'll see if the cold issue has improved with fresh oil..

The lever screw is for reach only.
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Oh yeah, it will improve, that 20w oil at start up is THICK as heck for this type of bike.
  7. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Right! I should be using 10-50 as per the owners manual :banghead: Thanks, OHR.