1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE 310 Piston Change

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Coyote1000, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Coyote1000 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 Tiger 800 XCX
    Hello, I have a 2011 TE310 with 9500km/6000 miles on it. Not sure about the hours as it seems the hour meter has started over after a hundred hours. The bike doesn’t use any oil and runs and starts great. I have a new piston kit on hand and was debating whether to go ahead and install it or hold off until it starts to use a bit of oil.

My next question is does the engine on these bikes have to be removed from the bike to get the cylinder off.

I appreciate any wisdom you may have. Thanks, Jeff.
  2. fraMTK Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 Nuda 900 ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Race spec TE 310
    I haven't changed the pston yet on my 310 but speakig from experience for other bikes, even if there is enough space to remove the cylinder it's much much easier to take the whole engine off, work on it and then put it back. Even with the work needed to remove it and put it back you'll save a lot of time, and headaches, by working on it on a table rather than on the bike.
    P-A Calmhede, Soderberg and Hurky like this.
  3. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gasgas ec250 -18, Yamaha WR250F
    Agree 100% with fraTMK. You will probably need to maintain the swingarm anyway :banana:.
  4. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    The good thing about the xlite is it has head bolts not head studs. Makes it easier to pull the top end with the engine still in the bike.
  5. Coyote1000 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 Tiger 800 XCX
    Thanks for the info guys.