1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 tc449

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by samuelmolendijk, Jan 2, 2013.

1. samuelmolendijk Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 CR500AF
    hey I just bought a 2011 tc449 and rode it once and somthing was wrong i took it back to the dealer and there like tough luck because its a motox bike theres no warrenty
    so I took it home and checked the coolant level was low and verry merky and bike is hard to start and stalls easy does this sound like the head gasket and has anyone else had this problem

any help would be appreciated
    I love the bike aside from these issues
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Is the bike brand new or was it used?
    The radiator coolant contains a sealant tab which makes the coolant look like muddy water. I suggest you drain your coolant and add fresh Zip-Ty's XF coolant which is waterless.
  3. samuelmolendijk Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 CR500AF
    yes I bought the bike brand new and I have flushed the system and put fresh antyfreeze
    still murky though and disappears no leaks and I have not overheated the bike
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Does it stall from idle or while riding it?
  5. samuelmolendijk Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 CR500AF
    dies while riding
    and I'm a good rider
    it stalles riding down hills with the clutch in
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  7. TE in RC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    98-ATK 605 2011-TE250
    Yeah the stalling problem seems to be worse on some, sounds like the dealer already bailed on you so I doubt the set up was done right. But you have found this forum and the folks here can make your troubles a thing of the past (Husky 449/511 problems only :D).
    I have learned a lot here and there are lots of threads already written, questions asked and answered more than a few times. Use the search feature or just ask what you need. your TC449 will soon be the best bike you ever owned. :cheers:
    oregonsage likes this.
  8. samuelmolendijk Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 CR500AF
    ya I love it the CTS is sweet i'm on an almost bald tire and it still hooks up no problem
    I just need it 100% for race season
    JD tuner whats that? I have never had an EFI bike before, also it backfires into the air box and is hard to start when warm

also a side note that may or may not be relevant when starting sometimes it just wont turn over when it is stopped on compression stroke i have to put it in gear and roll back and forth than it turns over no problem battery is not dead fully charged
  9. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    The JD tuner and PC5 (power commander) change the air/fuel ratio. It's a computerized version on a jet kit.
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    The JD is supposed to be simple. The PC5 is more adjustable but probably best if used with a dyno
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    If it gets stuck on the compression stroke, just click the starter a few times until it nudges out of compression. Also try adding an Iridium spark plug for cold and hot restarts. # is: NGK CR9EIX (3521)

The permanent cure for flame outs is to adjust the fuel mixture at the map level. Since BMW/Husqvarna will not allow us to tune our own ecu's, we must turn to an aftermarket solution. The JD tuner will help add fuel here and stop most of the flame outs. A better, total solution and unfortunately a more expensive is to bypass the Keihin map all together with aftermarket products such as Dynojet PCV or Bazzaz.

JD Tuner & PC5: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/updated-tps-efi-reset-449-511.28799/#post-258671

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/449-511-ignition-ground.28115/#post-253913
  12. samuelmolendijk Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 CR500AF
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    It should be universal, but that's a better question for Kelly to answer.

If I'm not mistaken though, I believe Stephen uses a JD tuner on his TC449 and is getting 56HP to the rear wheel. :D
    TE in RC likes this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I believe it will,. Will check.
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Works fine on TXC
  16. db511 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 txc511
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 ktm 400 exc
    I just heard from my dealer that husky has a fix for the flame outs. They have mine right now. Apparently the voltage is too low to the TPS. They have had success with this in Italy. They are raising the voltage and setting idle at 1950 rpm. Will post if it makes a difference when I get to ride. Fingers crossed...
  17. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    The phantom flame outs would be a nice problem to get rid of, usually get them at the worst times like when about to pull away from traffic lights!
    philfy20 and db511 like this.
  18. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    What about his coolant loss, sounds like internal problem? Has there been any headgasket issue on these bikes or could he just be fighting an air pocket on his coolant change? How does the oil look? Milky?
  19. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Haven't heard of any head gaskets going, flush the radiator using a proper flushing product, then refill with a decent coolant, the OEM coolant is like lemonade. It looks milky from new, Tinken mentioned something about a sealant in there. I ran a radiator flushing product through there to clean it out proper, then refilled with Motul MoCool/Distilled water (no glycol), since doing so even on 35C day at the track I haven't lost a drop since.
  20. samuelmolendijk Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 CR500AF
    I'm down like 2in and I had flushed the system and put fresh fluid
    all murky after 1 ride
    the oils coming out some hole in the airbox i'm just confused it might be from tipping over
    but is not milky