2011 TC449- Keep or sell?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by HFab, May 28, 2013.

1. HFab Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB175
    Hi guys. Been elarning about Huskys on here, thanks. I will soon have a brand new 2011 TC449. I have ridden Hondas mostly, raced a little MX and XC, but not in the last few years. Very busy with kids and work right now, not much time to ride, unfortunately. I have two streetbikes that I ride when I can. Thinking about selling the 449cause I just don't think I'll ride it much (I won it in a drawing). Any idea how much I should ask for it? Sorry to be a new guy asking this, but I'm trying to be realistic and explore my options with this bike.

Thanks for any input.
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I'd take it for a ride or two. Who knows, you might just fall in love with riding again and decide to make the time to ride. If not, sell it. Whatever you sell it for will be pure profit since you won it.
  3. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Like Camstyn said, the resale value has gone done the tubes with the recent merger. However, you did get it for free (lucky sob) :D, so anything you get would be profit. If you decide to sell it, just search the web for what others are going for and start there.
  4. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Doubt it's all profit, You probably have to pay tax on the original retail amount, right? I'm seeing new 2013 TC449's advertised for 4999.
  5. HFab Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB175
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm not sure what to do yet. I like riding dirt, but my free time is really limited right now. Like to spend it with the kids.
    Yes I do have to pay tax on the bike. Not sure how much though.
  6. Soviet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC 450
    buy them acoupla cheap bikes and then spend some time with your kids...
    turtlemoye, Tinken and Coffee like this.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    It you are asking, go ahead and sell it or let it sit on the garage a few yrs and see how the re-sale is on it down the road ...

EDIT: There might be the option of donation and a tax deduction ... I would not like paying taxes on something I was not gonna keep.
  8. HFab Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB175
    Thanks for the opinions guys. I have two small bikes for the kids but not many places to ride. Kids are into other sports too so it's hard to take a day and go ride. I guess I have some thinking to do. Too bad the resale on these bikes went down the tubes. The 449 seems like a pretty sweet ride, just not the best point in my life to have it.
  9. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Man I wish I won it lol. So how did you win it anyway?
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    My 18yr old son rode my Husky once and should crashed badly but somehow survived the ride ... He never rode again and I was glad ... Bikes can cause great harm and I was glad he was not gonna experience that ...

--
    If your not sold on riding and getting better at riding, sell it and get a safer way to spend your time ... Have you picked that bike up yet? It weights right at ~250lbs ... Loading and unloading a 450 can be a chore ...

PS -- Bikes are a luxury (for most) and almost always have a low resale unless the right person comes along ... Thats a very good bike for the right person ... LandOfMotards is that person ...

EDIT: There is always the option, pay the taxes, sit the bike up for 1-x number of yrs before selling ... Depreciation may not be too bad and someone will get a very good new bike down the road ...
  11. HFab Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB175
    Thanks Ray-Ray. I've ridden offroad for years and raced a little, just not a high priority in my life right now. I've loaded plenty of bikes, dirt and street so I'm ok with that part. My kids are just more into other sports. I wish they were really into riding, but kids don't always like what you want them to I guess. And as we all know, to get good at riding you gotta want it.
  12. uk007 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F3
    If it was me.... I'd sell it. You can always buy another bike when you have the time and inclination.
  13. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    I'll solve your problem. You give me the bike, and I'll pay the tax you owe on it. Easy Peasy :banana:
    oregonsage likes this.
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I'm so stupid for not throwing that out there lol.
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    A few years ago the BMW MOA held their annual rally in Redmond Oregon. Raffled off two fully loaded bikes, GS800 and 1200, bags, gps, the works...

Some local guy, who wandered through for the heck of it, won and had them posted on Craigslist for sale before BMW MOA even announced the winner on their website.

The cries of anguish were heard far and wide in BMWdom...
  16. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    Tell you what LoM...I will make you a great deal on '13 449 around the end of August, early September, just to get you on a Husky... I usually rotate bikes yearly, so.... anyway, I would sell the '11 449 for what you can get for it. May sit around for awhile however if the asking price is too high.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I never win anything and now come to find out its the guys that don't want them but win lol. Time to go look for some bike raffles ;)
  18. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Just in case Husky NA is paying attention...I'll make a great tax write-off for a donated bike. I promise I'll even keep it ;). Also, I was slow enough in my first race that people could read "Husqvarna" on the graphics so I'm great for advertising lol
    wait4me likes this.
  19. HFab Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB175
    -IF- I decide to sell it, I'm not even sure what it's worth. I tried looking at completed eBay listings but there just aren't very many. I can't find any on CL In my area either. I think MSRP on it was just under 8k, but I don't know what they're actually selling for. I know it's a lot less than that.
  20. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    It really depends where you are. I've seen new prices from 4500 to MSRP. There is a guy with a used txc511 around here with only five hours on it and he's gone down to 5k or best offer (started at 7k awhile ago). It will really be more about waiting for that right buyer or I would think anyway. Prices are everywhere on Huskies even new. Put it up and see what happens