2011 tc250

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    The factory have today released details on the 2011 TC250 (and TE250/310, will post that separately):

TC250
    The improvements to the TC250 have been confirmed at the European MX2 championship now underway, with Andrea Cervellin and Jernej Irt first and second respectively in the championship after 5 rounds.
    The most important changes are to the engine, now fitted with a Mikuni batteryless electronic fuel injection system and 45 mm diameter throttle body. The major changes to the engine are to the cylinder head, with a new profile that has enabled an increase in power throughout the curve. The camshaft fuel intake line and exhaust are new, as well as the intake phasing.

The engine crank-case has been reinforced and now has steel sockets on chassis connections. The Akrapovic exhaust pipe has been specially designed by the manufacturer in Slovenia for Husqvarna and has a steel manifold, titanium silencer and steel heat protection.

Concerning the chassis parts the frame area below the engine cradle and near the footrests has been completely redesigned, with side plates of forged steel to reduce lateral bulk and increase resistance to strain. This effectively creates a single plate covering the footrest and brake pedal connections. The cradle surface has been streamlined so as to reduce to a minimum any possible impact with the ground or other obstacles. The steering pipe area has also been improved and reinforced.

The engine guards are made of a new material, providing better protection against knocks.

The mirror-finish aluminium hubs are new, now with standard perforations.

The bodywork has new graphics on the tank area, with In Mould Plastic Decoration which is incorporated in the actual material, not applied afterwards.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Dave
  2. Rainman Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks I have been hanging in waiting for this post. The fuelly will be worth the wait, any ideas when they will be released?

:applause:
  3. Rainman Husqvarna
    A Class

Also looks like the Hot Start lever is moved to the bars!
    Thank you!!!
  4. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Love the graphics...wish I could get them for my 2009 TXC 250!
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Woooohooooo Scot was not kidding when he said exciting stuff comeing, this is awesome. Batteryless EFI :thumbsup: more power / lighter weight.
  6. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    OH JEEZ! Now I'm in a quandry. CR 150 or the new TC 250? Bike looks awesome! But I'm wondering how the EFI will turn out? Honda went to EFI on it's 2010 250 and everyone hates it compared to the Carbed 2009.

Yes, Scot was certainly right! It's a good time to be a Husky freak... :thumbsup::applause:
  7. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

New Tc looks great, the bulges near the pegs are gone. I will not miss does...
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That does it now like Krieg I have no clue what to get. I didn't before this beauty popped up and now...I think I am just going to sell my street bike and get two or three new Husky's. Thanks and yes it's a great time to be a Huskyholic!
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    John, I think we need to start a support group! :lol: :thumbsup:
  10. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

When can we expect to see the info on the new WR250/300? Brad.
  11. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wonder about this, but it looks like the other engine updates might be worth it. Perhaps it will solve the "underpowered" problem that DR and other mags have with it.;)

I don't want to get rid of my TXC, but damn Husky is making it hard!
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sweet!

What does batteryless EFI mean? Got any more details on it?
  13. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Semco, you reading this? Batteryless EFI... the early adopters need a mod like this. :popcorn:
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Kick start, no battery on the bike at all.
  15. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    Akrapovic exhaust :thumbsup:
    SWEEET bike,making my next Husky purchase harder to narrow down :eek:....
    :ride: Guscycle
  16. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anyone know if the TC will continue to be a green sticker bike? how did they pull that off anyway?
  17. jaro51 Husqvarna
    A Class

Oh my, what a tough decision I may have between the TC250 and 450 :excuseme:

I've found that since I'm and old guy and not super fit, the 450's tend to tire me out on the mx track so I've had a lot of fun on my '08 TC250 but I do find the lack of power compared to the 450 is a struggle sometimes. This new light weight motor in a light, flickable chassis with batteryless FI and some extra HP over the 2010 model might be the best bike ever!!!
  18. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

That's why they should build a TC310 ;)

....ktm350 killer.:p
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    that thing is really a work of mechanical art
  20. BikePilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CR250R, Montesa 315R, XR650R..
    Very nice, this could end up my next bike! Anyone know if its possible (within reason) to add a 6th gear?