1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2010 WR250 Fork Oil Change

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PaulD, Dec 15, 2018.

1. PaulD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250( sold)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint RS. Honda TRX300EX Be
    Can anyone provide me with a link or sme direction for changing the fork oil on my WR. Done a bunch of conventional forks over the years but never messed with USD forks. Pretty sure the oil is original. bikehass about 100 hours on it. Oil weight recommendations are also welcome. Thanks,Paul
  2. jeanjean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    IT175H
    Borntoride71, steadydirt and gaz like this.
  3. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    The open chamber Kayaba forks on my WR300 2010 are pretty easy to maintain, just follow the OEM manual instructions. I like to use an OIL that is almost the same viscosity as the original Kayaba oil, you can have a look at several viscosity comparison tables and/or search for the datasheet PDF of your oil to find out the actual viscosity:

[IMG]

You want to be near the 17.00 cSt @40`C, as you see not all 'SAE 5' oils do have the same viscosity so I prefer to look for the actual cSt value and not rely on the SAE number on the bottle.

For example the last oil I used was BelRay Fork Oil 5wt that's and 20,50 cSt so it's more viscous than the original Kayaba so I mixed it at a 3:1 ratio with some BelRay Fork Oil 2,5wt thats an 9,20cSt, giving me a estimated result viscosity of 16.73cSt.

In your case with 100hrs I would also consider changing the seals and depending on the wear maybe the teflon coated 'rings'.

Regards.
    Borntoride71 and lankydoug like this.
  4. PaulD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250( sold)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint RS. Honda TRX300EX Be
    Thanks a bunch guys.