1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010 Txc250 Lost Spark- At My Wits End

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mbarta, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Mbarta Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 CRF250R, 2004 Goldwing
    To start, I am a mechanic by trade. I went away from full-time wrenching because I ended up making a lot more money in IT, but between myself, my kids and my grandsons we own and race over ten bikes and I still do all my own work.
    i have a 2010 TXC250, that had the bearing go bad on the cam driven gear(gear that drives the cams). no big deal; easy fix, engine didn't come out. problem is that when I put it back together it had no spark. Worked fine when I parked it... Tried a different ECU, new coil, spec'ed out the charge coil and pickup, completely removed all the wiring looms and went thru every inch of every wire on the bike. Cleaned all grounds. I have NOT replaced the right-hand switch(power and starter button) but the thing powers on, the fuel pump primes when I turn the switch on, the trail computer lights up, it turns over, so i find it hard to believe the switch is the issue unless something kicks out when you hit the starter, but I have no spark when I kick it either. Plug and cap have been replaced, and I get no spark with or without the cap. I'm seriously about to part the thing out- ideas? I live in South Dakota, so no dealers to speak of that want or know how to work on the XLites. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Motorcycle Ron Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Can-Am Spyder
    Did you check the clutch lever switch (starter transmission on parts list) that engages when you pull the clutch lever in? Even if I kick start my husky in neutral the clutch must be pulled. Something might be stuck.
    Maybe pull the right hand switch apart and look for any obvious broken or dirty parts.
    Please keep us informed. The best lessons are the most difficult.
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    after you've done a very through check for pinched or abraded wires (this thing was running after all) and kill switch (infamous) and safety switch issues... the pick-up coil has been known to fail for no reason at all. the pick-up is available alone (IOW, you don't hafta buy the stator assembly just to get it) in the aftermarket with a lot of searching. $50+/- lotsa of KTMs use the same one; so do a handful of hondas & yamahas.

good luck.
  4. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Check flywheel they come loose and shear the key causing either no spark or intermittent spark.
    Later George