2010 Tecate Enduro 4DEC2010

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Jul 22, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    i'll answer, san diego
  2. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey Coffee,

San Fran to San Diego

I just checked Southwest and it would set you back about 300 dollars round trip if you got your tickets today. Thursday to Sunday.

We need as many Husky supporters as we can get,
    :cheers:

Mitch
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    $300 is about 2x the cost of fuel to drive... Think I will sit this one out... but will continue to think about it. :)
  4. juanroberts Husqvarna
    AA Class

5. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

2010 Tecate Enduro is in the history books!!!

What a great event this year. Looks like all the rows were filled up by race morning. :thumbsup:

Dont have any results yet, but I know the Zip Ty Husky crew was battling with the Kawi guys for the top team honors.

Overall honors I believe, again will be between the Husky and Kawi guys. For being a non points event (Fun) enduro, these guys sure haul the mail :)

Rob N. had a great day on minute 1. I was on minute 35 and felt I had a decent day. A couple of minor get offs, maybe 3rd gear in a nasty rocky downhill. Minor bumps and bruises :lol::lol: Another great outing for the 250 TXC though. No bike problems whatsoever. The thing runs great with the FMF 4.1 ti and Powerbomb header. Talked to Nick and Ty for a bit at the event. Nice to see the entire Zip Ty crew down there flying the Husky banner.

Weather conditions were perfect....In the 60's, slightly overcast....The ground was moist (loamy dirt), the trails were awesome :applause::applause: About 95% dust free...

For those of you who didn't make it down, you missed a great event. Thanks to Los Ancianos for putting on this great event...You guys rock :thumbsup:

pictures, pictures :lol::lol:

Mitch
  6. JimO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 450, '08 TE 510, '10 TXC 450
    Thanks for the race update Mitch. Sounds like there was good dirt conditions, thats great for this event. Good to see 12 Huskys signed up. How was the rocky tight and twisties? Did riders get pooped?
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Jim you know the LA drill,,,,,left-right-left. the transfer sections were the standard super fun tecate trail/tracks, some open dez washes and ST, with some technicals thrown in. The specials seemed to be more taxing with tighter new stuff and those long up hills and downs with softball sized and larger loose rocks that just wear you down with some semi ugly rock sections to navigate, plus some side hill S/T. Our little crew did well all of us finished fine (1 master 2 loops and rest of us 3 loops).
    I got worked close to the very end, I kept losing my rear brake in the downhill rocky sections (they used same trail from last years HS loop) had to really depend all on clutch and front braking that just wore me out, lucky we were within 5-10 from the end and once we got out of the hills for the last few miles the brake was fine (that was my only real drama, no sweat!! oh and my chain buffer lower screw came out we just duct taped it to the swingarm).
    It was really fun. being line 1 was great... just really 6-8 guys would pass us, the row 2 guys (revelle was railing on his TC250 as were old guys grant and jim) and a few more (Bobbit for one) from other minutes behind us, never an issue and lots of clear trail in front no whoops mostly and pretty well ribboned as well. I am sure there will be lots of fotos and vids as well. Mitch we ended up staying right there in the nehi camp. was perfect. RN

once again thank you LTR for the magic carpet ride valve job!!!and also for those keeping and rebuilding your "old" model 450/510s do the C/B shaft mod shameless plug----- RynoPower supplements are top notch and geared specifically for moto.
  8. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi Jim,

Like Robert said....Some sections of tight/technical single track....Its all about the rythm...left/right/left/right. Then some old jeep trail roads to catch your breath for a couple hundred yards and then back into the tech stuff.....but we also had some more open, flowing ST.

Lots of riders pooped out. Word on the street was that riders just flat out quit after loop 2 and rode back to the start/finish area. Local friend of mine was way behind on loop 2 and was caught by sweep, who told him to bail out on access road and head back to camp (he was going to hour out)...On my minute, one of our crew did 2 loops (Sen class) and other friend Ed seized his 2 smoker (Suzuki). Alexander Smith (Malcomes Kid) was on our minute :applause: He's a Double A rider, so it was great for me....It definitely elevated my game, trying to keep up with the kid!!!

Mitch
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WOW. What a race! :applause:

10. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Looking forward to the pic's & video's
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Godspeed.
  13. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just got a text:

"des is no mas"

In '06 he joined the fledgling Husky Dakar effort, and volunteered to manage the team-some of you long time Husky internet guys might remember his input on the Husky forum on TT-so there is a Husky connection.

I will stop eating cookies for awhile. And i will always take my aspirin on race morning. Godspeed to you Desmond.
  14. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Photos are posted at the Los Ancianos website now.

http://dirtfocus.com/photos2010/12-04_tecate/tecate_index.htm

Photos are progressive and in rider order as they came thru that section...

Loop 1, photo group A, Rob N.....first bike thru in the early morning.....WooHoo...looking good Rob in the shiny new Axo gear...:applause::applause:

You can find me on page 4 (#352, white helmet/red gear). By loop 2, photo group B, I am on the third page, at the bottom of the photos.

Mitch
  15. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Condolences to family and friends of Des...Rode by the scene, did not look good....Other riders were already performing CPR. Not much you can do with limited equipment and looked like the folks at the scene had a handle on it.

Godspeed...
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    you guys can scroll through the dirt focus photos Zip Ty crew was min 49 and 50
    you can see the extended fuel tanks on a couple of the bikes.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    :thumbsup:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Based on the relative positions between loop 1 & 2 I would definitely say Robert was doing great! :)

Who was [STRIKE]#12[/STRIKE] #22 on a Husky? He seemed to be riding well too...

(the starting time .xls spread sheet with the list of rider & numbers has been taken down).

edit: 22, not 12.
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 was me, I think the furthest min back that ever me passed was minute 5's Bobbit and our crew guy Brun. Remember the resets put us back into start order, luckily we were never late into a reset, our min 1 crew stayed on time including our master class rider, we were only close one time with @2 minutes of free time until the card flipped into the special test. Lesson (re)learned from this event my next bike will be either a 310 or 250 2T plus really focus on dropping at least 20 lbs!!!. Husky numbers for ZipTy crew 501-504 and 493, 494.