2010 Tecate Enduro 4DEC2010

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Jul 22, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    First edition release

Enduro Format
    Los Ancianos/ Baja National Rules

1. 1. The Enduro is comprised of Transit Sections and Test sections with four (4) riders per minute.
    2. 2. Rider numbering is; the first digit(s) is rider minute and the last digit is Rider ID. Example, min. #1 is 11, 12, 13, 14,. Mi. #17 is 171,172,173,174. Got it??
    3. 3. The four riders per minute will start at the same time on their minute, according to their rider number.
    4. 4. Test Sections are “Balls Out” races. Each Test Section is started by flip card showing your rider number minute. You will be timed by flip card number minute showing at the end of the section. All Test Section starts shall be “Dead Engine”. Motors shall not be started until your flip card number is displayed.
    5. 5. Transit Sections have set speed averages which will be posted at the start of the section. Speed averages are necessary to set timing for the next Test Section. There is no penalty for arriving early at the Test Section but you are not allowed to start the test until your number minute is displayed on the flip card.
    6. 6. If you are late to a Test Section, per the flip card number, you can then start the test immediately after stopping to be recorded. The time you are late then becomes automatically reflected in your score for the test section.
    7. 7. Test Sections are located at the clubs discretion and can be any length. There are two (2) per loop and each loop is approximately 30 miles in length.
    8. 8. One Test Section will be timed to the second for tie breaking purposes.
    9. 9. Elapsed or clock time will not be displayed for the rider. All timing is by the displayed flip card only.
    10. 10. There will be mileage marked on the course every five (5) miles. FYI: 30mph= 2 min./mi., 24mph=2.5 min./mi., 20mph=3 min./mi., 15mph=4 min./mi., 12mph=5 min./mi., 10mph=6 min./mi. Using the mileage markers and your watch, you don’t need any other timing device(s).
    11. 11. There are Three (3) loops of approximately 30 mi. each with “YOUR” gas at the end of each, so long as you have loaded it aboard the designated club vehicle. NO LEAKING CONTAINERS ALLOWED. Lunch is at the end of loop two (2). Loop three (3) will end at the starting area.
    12. 12. All checks are FULL STOP. You will be automatically disqualified if you do not stop. There will also be no prerunning, or course cutting. Do not block faster riders and observe general course etiquette.
    13. 13. All timing will be recorded on your fender card, so mount it accordingly. Scoring is by total Test Section time. Checks will close one (1) hour after the last rider number is due, using the flip card numbers. This will be minute 120 or less.

sounds like AMA/FIM rules for the most part, no? Anyway LA are their own entity so they make the rules. We just follow them and enjoy the ride!!
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    FAQ sheet

LOS ANCIANOS GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY ENDURO 2010
    Frequently (Sometimes sadly) Asked Questions

1. Should I enter this event? – If you are at least a solid B rider or above, yes. No Novices or C Riders should consider it. You will not enjoy anything but the lunch.
    2. When is the Enduro? – December 4th 2010.
    3. Where will it start? – East of Tecate Baja California. Enter and we will tell you.
    4. Is there a maximum number of entries allowed? – 240. Period. No exceptions.
    5. What time will it start?- Early. Enter and we will tell you.
    6. What is the format?- Essentially new AMA Enduro Rules. Transitions with Timed Special Tests. No timekeeping. You can be early to a check.
    7. What is the start format? – 1 minute intervals. 4 riders on a minute. 60 minutes. 240 riders max! Cool how the math works huh?
    8. What classes? Open, Vet (30+), Sr (40+), Super Sr (50+), Master (60+), Women
    9. Can I enter more than one class? – Nope.
    10. Can I request to ride on the same minute with my friends? – Yep. With up to 3 other entrants (presuming you have that many friends who will ride with you). If you want to do this, PLEASE send all 4 entries together.
    11. Is there a Team Entry available? – Yes. 4-rider teams only. All must ride all 3 loops and all must be qualified finishers to be eligible for the ONE Team Trophy.
    12. Do I have to enter as a Trophy Team to ride with my friends? – Nope
    13. How much does it cost? – Pre-entry: $135. Post-entry: $150. Team: (+)$10/rider
    14. How do I enter? – Get the entry form off our website www.losancianos.com, fill it out and send it in with the money.
    15. When do I enter? – Entries will be accepted after 10/1/10 and must be RECEIVED (NOT POSTMARKED) by us by 11/1/10 to be eligible for the Starting Minute Drawing. Do it soon. As we said; at 240 we are done.
    16. When it’s the Drawing? – 11/4/10, 7:00PM
    17. Where is the Drawing? – Central San Diego. Enter and we will tell you.
    18. Do we need to be present at the Drawing? - Nope
    19. How much will the Pro Purse be? – No Pro class. No Pro purse. Trophies only.
    20. How many Trophies? – We award one of our legendary trophies for every 6 riders in a class. Only ONE team Trophy will be awarded. We decide what constitutes a minimum number to make a class.
    21. Where will it go? – Enter. Show up where we tell you to. Start when we tell you to. Follow the red arrows.
    22. How long is it? – Three (3) 30-35 mile loops which increase in difficulty. Open, Vets, Seniors and Trophy Teams ride all 90 miles. Everyone else rides 2 loops.
    23. How many Timed Special Tests? – 2 per loop. 5-15 miles each.
    24. Does the course ever come back to, or through, the Start? Nope. Not ‘til you are finished.
    25. How far does my bike have to go on a tank of gas? – 35 trail/race miles.
    26. Will there be gas on the trail? – Yes at the end of Loops 1 and 2. Loop 3 returns to the Start location
    27. Will my gas be hauled for me? – Yes, if you get it on the trailer on time.
    28. Is lunch included? – Yes, at the end of Loop 2. It’s included in your entry fee.
    29. Where is lunch? – Enter, show up, ride 2 loops. You will find it. Your pit crew, wife, kids, girlfriend, significant others, mullisha, yahoos, posse, etc. will not.
  4. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Come on down CH, PNW crews. You got a place to stay and get some set up riding in before the race if you come down early...

My offer still stands to take care of any CH crew that come down to race this one...

Mitch
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  6. knevo Husqvarna
    A Class

hey jake, ya see this?
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    LR and other (our) cut trails dot the landscape near the SanDHusky casa. It is near the Tecate border crossing. And the US border side trails, terrain and altitude mirror the RSV zone stuff. Great for training, testing and local conditions bike set up. RN
  8. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    :busted:

Nope... :lol:

Noted, now just need to figure out costs and stuff????

Later,
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    hope to see you guys in the mix, just hope you're not in my class (want more of a chance to shine not dim). class rules are simple for this event. open (pros/AA/young bucks) 30,40,50,60 no A,B, am,nov,or ex stuff. easy to understand but kinda rough on us B class weekend warrior class guys, I know some of the 40 class guys, the only way for me to beat them is through some act of violence or if they break or run out of gas!!!

No matter this will be an epic trail ride hope you guys come on down.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Tecate Enduro the last time Tecate Enduro took place

MOTIVATION:

At minute 1:50 I am on my KTM300EXC talking with someone(?) waiting for my start minute, at the far left of screen, then also seen after seated on my bike in the far side ribbon of the start area. on the minute behind me was Ty Davis KX250 and Luca Trussardi XR440.
    East coast enduro ace Kevin Hines won this event on his super nice CRE250 Honda. My race went really well, still on time at the lunch break,,,however I was hammered by the break and opted out* for the last AA tough loop

*wimped out...

http://vimeo.com/10471247

[IMG]
  11. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    wish i could do it again...but about 2500 miles away....awesome race...and back then hard as hell
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Entries are now open
    I am in, just waiting for crew to check in with who 4 want to ride the same minute
    Husqvarna TXC450 sponsors list, BRUX/GP Motos/NCM/Cafe Husky
  15. knevo Husqvarna
    A Class

thats what my friend margie and i did last year, bikes were awesome. flew in, flew home! i wonder if morton will show:thinking:
  16. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

So CH Crew, who is coming down for this race? Come on, send those entries in.

Los Ancianos reporting the following top names already entered: Destry Abbott, Russell Bobbit, Ricky Dietrich, Justin Soule, Larry Roeseler.

Other top names sending in entries this week. I can only assume KTM riders (Kamo, Casselli, Pearson Bros.), JCR team, Zip Ty Racing??? Rob, any info on this...We gonna get Ty and Crew down here to school the green and orange bikes on the new 449/310/250???

Garrahans?, Brandt? all west coast guys. Plus local So Cal talent, local pros, experts, Mex nationals (Ivan Ramirez-Riding on Mex. World Trophy in ISDE next month).

Only 240 entries and filling up quick. Lets get some Huskies down here, Ajax and crew?

Like I said, any CH crew coming down will be taken care of.

Mitch
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    no word for my choice of minute, but my entry will go today or 2 morrow. may ride with Massimo as we are even on speed and can help each other if hung up on something. 40 class is going to be a tough one for this event. East coasters! NE riders have won the enduro and HS, Hines and Kanney come to mind. count my Husky as in.
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles: