1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010 TE510 loss of Spark and E-start???

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by KustomCandy, Nov 19, 2014.

1. KustomCandy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    10' TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Husaberg FE/S450
    Hi Guys, Hope I can get a little help here. If this was a Carb bike, I'd be on top of it already.

Anyway. Problem as title says. Taking the Hussy for a ride and what I thought was a normal stall/flame out, turned into me pushing the bike back the the car for the afternoon. Jumping on the Kicker was pointless. Not a single puff..

I've since put a multi meter on the Batt. Reads fine. Placed a (+) prob on input side of the very first, Is it a relay?? Small box with Two fuse's and read full 12v too. The Positive cable, coming off this box shows no sign of any reading, whether the e-button is used or not.
    Both fuse's are intact. Both (+) cables in and out from this box are secure.

From here I'm at a loss.

Up to my last ride, everything ran as normal. Just prier to my last ride however. I did loose my e-start after washing the bike. I figured I may have gotten moister in some place and I'd be right to go once it dried out next time I took it out.. It kicked over as normal. Right up to the above ride.

Idea's?

Dan
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    How many miles on the bike?
    Check your spark, vid below.
    Replace all fuses with automotive fuses, some of the original ones can be parted where you can see the break.

3. KustomCandy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    10' TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Husaberg FE/S450
    Hi OHR, TE510 2010. About 27/30 hrs on it after i've owned it I guess (without going out and looking). The motor is pretty fresh. plenty of compression.

I'm pretty mechanically minded. Have no problems their. Mostly all these New age sensors, relay's and 100feet of added wiring at times trips me up.

I'll replace the fuse's. Just to eliminate that area.
    The part in question "The little black box" I've found is the Electric start remote control switch. Following the tests described in the owners manual. Using a Multi meter, I read 8.5/7 ohm, but then drops off rapidly.
    I find the Same with the 12v test. No continuity. Just a spike of current, then drops off rapidly to "0.00v" within the 5 sec recommended margin.

FWIW, I can no longer kick the bike over. No Kick, no e-button due to lack of spark.

Dan
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    See my thread Dualsporting a TE450, I've had alot of rubbed/bare wires shut down my bike. Look aspecially at the Green with red stripe wire, it powers the fuel pump, the fuel injector AND the coil.