2010 TE450 Runs great ,rider still in reconstruction.

Discussion in 'Bills Motorcycle Plus' started by BILLF, Feb 21, 2014.

1. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Dave Gilley a fine young man and friend rode his 2010 TE450 to North Dakota and back,I think to California and back had 12000 miles on it until about a year ago when a pickup drove right out in front of him.Busted him all to hell but he a young tough military man and were proud of him he was here the other day and we bought what was left of his bike ,we even got it running again today.Hes healing slowly but always been of great spirit and humor.I promised the front wheel and side cover back to him and his wife is going to hang the front wheel in the garage as a reminder.Dave started talking about getting his new Husky dirt bike again after he heals the rest of things mend again.But thats still some operations and other things down the road.His wife was giving him an evil eye but maybe with a little smile underneath as he spoke.Anyway this is what happens to a TE450 at est 55 mph direct T bone a pickup !not Daves fault !!.We keep in touch and he can fess up his Cafe husky name if he wants.Check it out. tm250 591.jpg tm250 591.jpg tm250 594.jpg tm250 595.jpg

Attached Files:

Mussolini, 454x and K5PL5 like this.
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Ugggghhh I sure hate seeing things like this. Glad to hear he is making a recovery. Hopefully roosting some perfect dirt someday soon on a new bike from Bills.
    BILLF likes this.
  3. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Most all of us have destroyed most if not all of our body parts by now but the thought of quiting racing and riding never even enters our mind, I believe that shows how much a real motorcycle person is when a guy like Dave almost killed 2-3 years of his life on hold and ready to ride as soon as able. I love that about real motorcycle people."the real deal" is a description I dont use lightly Daves the real deal.{Like most of us}
    LandofMotards likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Wow Bill thats scary. I do less and less street all the time. Glad he is alive and getting back to normal. Yes, first thing I think of when I wad myself up is how long am I going to have to be off the bike. Spent the last two months riding with a broken finger and semi separated shoulder. Advil up and ride man. :>)

- Bet that things turns like a Suzuki now. :D
  5. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I'd be honored to carry on this bike's legacy, I'd be open to any parts available from it. Especially the muffler and the motor.
  6. Mussolini Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks Bill and everyone else for the positive replies. My cafe Husky name is Mussolini. I happened to be wearing a Leatt collar that prevents extreme neck movements in a crash and even though it was a warm sunny day I decided to keep the Leather jacket on. I also wore leather gloves and a full face endure helmet with visor purchased at Bills. The gear performed exceptionally and without the collar the accident would have been unsurvivable as I hit the truck at 45mph and flew 100 feet. Bones heal and chicks dig scars and I'm looking forward to brand new 2 stroke fuel injected electric start Husky. Hopefully they are out when I'm ready to ride.
    Dave

Attached Files:

LandofMotards and BILLF like this.
  7. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Welcome to the Cafe. Here's wishing you a speedy and full recovery. Sounds like a hell of an ordeal you have survived. :notworthy:
  8. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Glad you survived, when it gets here, good luck on your new ride!
  9. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG

I might be installing a part from your bike onto my bike soon! Pics to follow!
  10. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Bryon sent me your muffler and it's alot better than mine! Honored to have it on my bike!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    268fords likes this.