1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010 TE310 fuel pump

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Miroslav, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Miroslav Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE-310
    Hi there;
    I am trying to replace the fuel pump on my TE310, and found one that seems pretty good, KEMSO. However the outlet nozzle is just a small piece of smooth pipe, and the hose keeps slipping off of it. I tried a few different clamps (ABB one of them), which looks pretty strong, but the hose just always slips off, after a short ride. Any ideas, suggestions, please let me know.
    Thanks much

link to the pump I have:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEMSO-30mm-...ash=item2366d025af:g:RXcAAOSwq19XCgU4&vxp=mtr
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah, those cheap ebay pumps are not barbed on the outlet.

If you can find some of that nylon corrugated FI hose that fits real tight and needs heat to put on it might hold....or ...you can just buy the CA Cycleworks pump for $130 including the hose and be done with it.

What hose are you using?

Did you cut the stock hose off?
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Find a tapered punch that fits into the nozzle, heat the punch up and push it into the nozzle and create a flare, then, your clamp should hold the hose on

[IMG]
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Great Idea!
  5. Dan Sergison Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 300XCW Buell X1 GasGas 280
    I doubt you can flare the plastic barb cold without cracking it, and the flare angle would be really shallow and it wil re-compress. If you heat the plastic a bit with a soldering iron, lighter etc, you should be able to roll a nice bead on the end.

The soldering iron would be ideal for a NOOB as you can push the gooey warm plastic into a nice bead and it's ddifficult to mess up to badly.

I weld plastic with a hot air gun, so I'm pretty familiar with moving hot plastic around.
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    My post said to heat the punch before inserting it into the nozzle. Dont need much flare, the clamp will not be compressing on the flare, the clamp will be down on the straight part, the slight flare will keep the clamp and hose from being blown off.
  7. gergte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 2st, TC 250 2st,TE 250R 4st
    Other Motorcycles:
    HONDA CRF 150R, CRF 110,Z50,APRILLIA
    Hi just wondering if my issue is the fuel pump ? the pump is no longer priming and the ignition light goes out when you hit the start button the bike will not start - but on some occasions when you turn the ignition on it primes and the bike starts so seems to intermittent its te310 2011 model approx 7000kms of trail use.
    Wondering what symptoms you had and i would appreciate any comment?
  8. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The light goes out?

Check all your battery connections for loose or dirty connections.

The grounds too.
  9. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Check the Green with red stripe wire, under the tank., everywhere it runs, it powers most all the fuel and fire systems on the bike. It's grounding out somewhere

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    You're back. OHR, Any reviews on the DR??
    Agreed, making a "barbed" fitting on the nipple/nozzle might help.
  11. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG

I try to keep up with anyone having problems with the 08-10 big blocks here, I'd like to see them keep running, and I know it can be a big job....

The DR is a great bike for the money, I got this one for $3400 with 250 miles on it, and it suits this 60 year old body just fine, AND it does great with water crossings!

[IMG]
    duggoey likes this.
  12. gergte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 2st, TC 250 2st,TE 250R 4st
    Other Motorcycles:
    HONDA CRF 150R, CRF 110,Z50,APRILLIA
    thx heaps it was an issue with the ignition switch wires they were stretched and broken in the head stem zone - replaced the wires between the switch and the connector put them inside some flexible conduit all god back up and running the single track.
    cheers