1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010 TE250 - What to Look Out For?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Eoin, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I normally post over on the TE630 thread and have started to do some off road riding with it. Now I'm looking at something smaller and lighter to add to the garage and the TE250 / 310 seemed like a good option to look at.

These are a bit thin on the ground here in the UK, but a 2010 TE250 just popped up on Gumtree. Is there anything specific to look out for on this model / year? Are there better years with better specification? Are there desirable / necessary modifications? I'm new to off road riding, not looking for the latest technology or speed, rather something lighter and easier to manage in the dirt when the weather gets worse!

I already have the iBeat software for my TE630, so it would be useful if this had the same Mikuni FI system as well.
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It's the same I-beat.

If it runs good buy it. My 2010 is still running strong.

Usual X-lite issues....possibly bad starter gears, fuel pump failures and you need to tune them with I-beat.

IMHO the best looking dirt bike eva and they handle great. Better than the 310.
  3. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Looks like I've bought it. Just needs an MoT putting on it before I collect.
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Keep the idle a little high (2300 rpm) to avoid flameouts and stalls.
    TPS should be 102.7 % at WOT ignition on but motor not running warm motor.
    TPS voltage should be about 977mv at 102.7%

The bike will have very little low end power but will haul up top.
    Eoin likes this.
  5. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I'll have to see what's been done to it before. It has the PU blanking plug and stock exhaust. No idea on injector / ecu. I assume a decat is worth it? I have an exhaust guy who will do a neat job!