1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010 TE250 - Upated Wiring Harness and Temp Sensor

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by OlivierTE250, Apr 2, 2011.

1. OlivierTE250 Husqvarna
    A Class

After much reading on this excellent forum, I called my dealer and expressed my concerns about the numerous Temp Sensor failures reported. His answer was: "... I've already ordered the updated version for you. I will also send you the updated wiring harness." (Guess what brand will be my next bike?)

While I am it, I'm thinking of puting dielectric grease on each connection and puting "hockey stick" tape on high contact areas. Do you have any advice or suggestions before I install the updated harness (8000H5065)?

Here they are. The white temp sensor is the updated one. (Sorry about large picture size, my computer crashed big time... have not yet restored Picture Manager s/w... Damn Microsoft. Next computer is a Mac.)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sweet, I am glad they finally are addressing this. Do you know what the new wire harness is resolving? I wrote to Husky almost a year ago about this when Kelly and I had the problems with it. I thought they were going to do a tech bulletin but this is much better!!
  3. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, I'm at a loss. What do I need to look for with this, is the bike overheating or something? sure looks like a lot of harness for one sensor problem<G> I've tried to keep an eye on TE250 posts, but I guess I missed this subject. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    DW
  4. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

I get the temp sensor update, but what is the purpose of the new harness?
  5. OlivierTE250 Husqvarna
    A Class

My fault for the confusion as I included 2 issues in one post. They are not related.

When I called my dealer about the "well known" temp sensor issue, he raised the harness issue when I insisted that I did not want to get stranded far and away from civilisation. He mentioned that an updated harness was availble for my bike which offers better wire protection against future problems. Yesterday evening, I understood what he meant when I removed the gas tank. There it was: a bundle of little and whimpy wiress poorly assembled around the CPU/and frame. One of them was already skined from vibration/contact (my bike has 900 miles of gnarly eastern trails. The new harness is a prevention measure, it does not fix a current problem such as overheating.

So, should I put dielectric grease on ALL contacts?
  6. vintageveloce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Anyone know the part number change for this "new" wiring harness?, oh there it is right in the first post! How did installing it go?
    Carl
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have been swapping the wiring harness on all my customers 2010 TE250s to 2011 wiring harnesses for the past year.

The 2010 harness is too complicated and generally gets worn through on the left hand side behind the radiator. We have had several issues where it breaks and the bike just dies.

We have never had one come back with issues after the 11 harness is installed.
  8. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How big a job is this?

Thanks
  9. vintageveloce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    ScottyR,
    I see three possible harness part numbers:
    the original 2010: 8000H1525
    the suggested replacement for the original 2010 harness: 8000H5065
    and the 2011 TE250 &TE310 harness: 8000H3568
    Does the 2011 harness fit on the 2010 bike? Is it any different than the suggested replacement?
  10. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have been putting the 2011 harness on the 10s. 1 connector needs to be changed. Not a big deal to make it work.
  11. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    So any issues since the new harness and the new temp sensor? My bike is a 2010 TE310. Your saying to order the upgraded 2011 #800H3568?? And just one connecter has to be changed...Im not a mechanic..lol Do you remember how much the harness costs roughly?
  12. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    I'm sure Scott could answer this, but I don't know if the 2011 harness would work for the 2010 TE310 since the 310 switched to the Xlite motor in 2011.

The change Scott is talking about for the TE250 makes sense since the 2010 and 2011 TE250s are both Xlite models.
  13. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    Ya...that makes sense...I'll call the dealer today to see if an upgrade is available for the 2010 TE 310. Thanks AndrewS
  14. Harald1973 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 2019 Exc-f 250 SixDays
    Hi Scott,
    do you remember which contact that needs to be changed?
    I have a 2010 Te250 and the harness is pretty worned out, so I`m thinking of replacing it.
    Thanks.
    Br,
    Harald
  15. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gasgas ec250 -18, Yamaha WR250F
    Do what I did. I took the harness from the bike and had two evenings with it on the citchen table. Found 3 faulty cables and 3-4 damaged. Fixed them all and also strengthen the harness with shrimping tubes where needed. Where I couldnt fit shrimping tubes I used the same type as used original on some of the hoses. For example over the fuel hose between the tank halfes.