1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010 TE250 Smashed rod

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by ecko_87, Jun 18, 2014.

1. ecko_87 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 T250
    Hey all

I recently blew up my 2010 Te250
    There were no signs of any issues no rattles or low oilit just went BANG as i went to take of in 1st gear at low revs,

My mechanic is Husky technician and has advised i need the following parts and the prices here in Australia,
    Wondering if anyone has any of these parts possibly or the best place to find them hopefully cheaper
    There is no evidence of why the rod broke but it has done ALOT of damage breaking the casings and damaging the gearbox :(
    Parts needed
    Full gasket set $189
    Full seal kit $115
    Aftermarket piston kit 219
    Engine cases $1199
    Oil pump rotors $75
    3rd gear input shaft $239
    Rod kit $299
    IMG_3675.jpg
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Too bad on the bike and those prices are scary ... $189 for gaskets? Bikes are a luxury item for sure ...

Clueless on a cause but maybe someone here has some input ..

Good luck
  3. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    The cause must be piss-poor engineering. I mean...seriously...anybody ever have a lawnmower, snowblower, moped, car, truck, anything do this? I've owned every kind of internal combustion driven device from chainsaws to tractors and have never seen anything like this. WTF?
    rabskyline likes this.
  4. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    my honda dropped a valve and ruined the crank, cylinder, piston, head and cases.
    ray_ray likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Hang in there ... And this young man asked for and needs help, nothing else.

Do you have pics of the cases? The cases hold the oil and will hold some bearings and shafts and also have places where you might can just fill up the hole(s) and continue to use them ...

What about that 3rd gear shaft? Any pics?

I'd also look at the seals before I forked over a bill for that :0 )
    rabskyline likes this.
  6. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Are you able to give us some info on the bike...
    How many hours / kms?
    What type of riding? (easy-slow/hard-fast etc)
    What type of oil and filter used?
    How often oil changed?
  7. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Look at the size of the oil hole in that crank. Finding it hard to believe there are rod lubrication issues with these engines after seeing that. Must have been a bad rod or a bad bearing.
    R_Little likes this.
  8. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    No discoloration so it doesn't look like it seized. Probably fatigue.

It must be an early x-lite since it has bare engine cases.
  9. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    2010. first year x-lite? I don't know if it's worth the $ to repair.
  10. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a set of early gray x-light cases.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    ouch, sorry man. Look around for a motor. Email, Bills, Halls, ZipTy, etc. I bet you can get a used motor shipped to you for that, bolt it in and be done. I have a 2010 TXC250, was a great bike. Sorry to see this mess.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

dude really? Never seen a rod failure? Seen them from every manufacturer. There is whole companies making just rod kits for a reason. He's asking for help, lets stick to that.
    AndrewS, robertaccio and DG Harv Serv like this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It looks like it could be bearing related. You can see some discoloration on the crank / bearing area. Also the rod snapped at and across the bearing surface not on the beam part. When pistons stick or hydrolock they usually break the rod about 3/4th the way up. Damage done, lets look for a motor...
    robertaccio and rabskyline like this.
  14. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    Looks like the bearing has exploded and stretched the con rod ending up with it splitting .
    Never seen anything like that before but hey, first time for everything.
    Also agree it's prob best to sell off wants left of it in good parts and buy a change over motor.

15. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

My comment is not meant to deny him help. My comment is that with the technology we have today, we should not have rod failures.
  16. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    We don't know the maintenance schedule and what sort of life it's had so it's hard to say from internet analysis,what has and hasn't caused it.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Its a balancing act of light weight (which the consumer screams for) and what the consumer will pay. Sure you could build a nearly indestructible bike and magnaflux every rod and make them from titanium and assemble it all by hand using the finest ceramic bearings etc. but no one would buy your 20K dirtbike. We have 220 pound aluminum framed 50hp motorcycles that cost 9K because thats what the market asked for.
    robertaccio and Nick Noodles like this.
  18. ecko_87 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 T250
    Thanks guys
    It was only my 4th ride on the bike fresh from having a top end rebuild, Serviced every 5 hours, It was 2 hour from the next service,
    Local bike shops here have told me it seems to be fairly common s the Bearing it scheduled to be replaced at 40 hours? Has anybody else heard this?

I am only relatively beginner rider and the bike hadn't been ridden hard at all as im simply too scared off it still,
    If i can find a swap over engine then ill definitely grb it but there simply is NONE is Australia as European bikes are fairly thin on the ground here compared to Jap bikes,
    Can you please give me the full names of these shops so i can start emailing as im not aware of them? Bills, Halls, ZipTy
    As im sure you can ll understand i do not want to spend too muh money on this as the bike only cost me 3K and its only 6k for a brand new 2014 model so trying to find the most efficient way to go about it
    Thanks for the help guys!!
  19. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I agree, you need a motor (even a worn out one), let's put out the feelers folks and get this bloke back in the saddle!
  20. ecko_87 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 T250
    Thanks guys, Still havent found anything , its looking like it may be cheapest to buy Genuine Cylinder and piston kit PN-8000H7692 and crank/rod kit 8538539
    just waiting on some quotes for those as the only other price i have is from the US at 1100, Bills have given me the best pricing so far on gaskets and seal kits so the 3rd gear shaft at only $25 as opposed to locally at $239 (awaiting confirmation of this though as it doesnt seem right)
    Main thing is the cases still and i cant seem to be able to Message R_little on here to chase his up